1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Aggressive AI?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by 7EA, Jul 17, 2010.

1. 7EA

7EA Chieftain

I usually enable Aggressive AI because I've gotten the impression that it makes the AI more challenging.

I was wondering, what effect it actually has? Especially in Better AI with the new AI code.

Will it mess with the AI's victory goals or will it make the AI declare war when it isn't ready or something similar?

Also, is there anyway I can check in-game if I applied the Better AI patch correctly, like a version number?

2. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

That game option will make it more likely for the AI to declare war, and it will build more units. For a complete list of what it does, get the Better AI SDK files and search them for "isOption(GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI)".

Patch? It's supposed to be a mod. But anyway, you will see it ingame if you hover over your flag (right below the End Turn button).

3. 7EA

7EA Chieftain

Patch, mod, whatever... :)

Thank you very much.