• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AI cheating

Originally posted by wilbill
That was how it worked in Civ 2, but not in Civ 3. You can attack on your last movement point after crossing any kind of terrain without losing any attack value.

I am almost 100% sure u lose atack points after every movement.
For example when a 4 panzer army atacks for first time a city with infantrys defending, the army will kill very easily the first one, a lil harder the second one and it can even be killed if he atacks one more time, even though it has more than 10blocks when he atacks the third time. There are a lot of other examples that proves that.

That's never been documented. In fact, I've never seen it. Perhaps you've just got a funny RNG.

This was one of the serious turn offs for me with the older combat systems.

Originally posted by Turner_727
That's never been documented. In fact, I've never seen it. Perhaps you've just got a funny RNG.

Everyone has a funny RNG. It screws you over when you are doing good, and rewards you when you are doing bad. :lol:

Not mine. It screws me over when I'm doing bad, and when I'm doing good it crashes my 'puter, reprograms my vcr, makes my microwave explode, turns my freezer up so all my food spoils. . . .

:lol: Well then you have an evil, possessed RNG :p

Random Number Generator. It is what determines who wins each battle.

Originally posted by TheNiceOne

You misunderstood me. I argue that the AI did something that is part of the rules both for AI and human: pop rushing.

His position was that he though the AI was cheating because he failed to imagine that the AI can actually do smart things like pop rushing when necessary.

Otherwise I agree with you: If the AI can suddenly create units outside the normal build rules, then that's a cheat, however no such cheat has ever been verified.

Ah, thx for the explanation. I did misunderstand you. I also should have been more clear in my own paragraph. What I meant to say: [INSERT:] if the computer was doing something you couldn't do in the game, then [THE REST OF MY POINT]

Top Bottom