AI more open to your demands?

Loucypher

King
Been noticing something interesting lately. In my last game on a Europe map, I was playing as Russia. Having no port city, I wanted to settle on the Baltic Sea area, but Poland got a settler in that direction first. I thought I'd rile Casimir up a bit and asked him to cease settling cities near me.
For the first time ever, I saw:
"Fine, we will avoid settling cities near your territory. Clearly cooperation is not your strongest point.". And he kept his word, too! I never before seen an AI NOT react to that demand in an angry way (the whole "Im a sovereign ruler and will settle where I please" thing), leave alone actually LISTEN.
Then, in the same game, Egypt sent a missionary to St Petersburg. After doing his thing, I noticed 3 more missionaries heading my way. I ask Rameses to cease the converting...and he too listens.
Now it's not like I had a big military or anything (Ranked 7/18 for military might, both Poland and Egypt were noted as "similar power" by the advisor) so I'm seriously wondering, since when do they actually listen?

I would've taken a screenshot of the Poland situation too, but somehow the shots dont seem to work at leaderscreens for me.

The AI probably wants positive relations with you, at this point. It could be Poland and Egypt were being deceitful. The AI expects you to play like it and to it's rules concerning denouncing etc. Had Poland and Egypt said "no" they would've expected you to denounce them(you being 'hostile'), which would've resulted in a high chance of them being 'hostile'.

Top Bottom