AI still at war after defeat

legalizefreedom

Inefficiency Expert
I have seen several instances of an AI continue to show it is at war with a faction that has been eliminated from the game by way of domination (all cities taken militarily).

I can't really show it in a screen shot, but these are the only two AI factions left in the game yet they still show war with two others long eliminated (at least 20 turns).

Attachments

• Capture6.JPG
    Capture6.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 189
If the civ reappears on the map, it is meaningful for those players to be at war with that civ or not.
That's at least why it would be there in Civ V. Those messages are justified if and only if liberation still happens in BE.

Or else the option is activated that each and every unit of a colony must be destroyed/captured before it is considered defeated.

The complete defeat option was not enabled. When the last AI city was taken, all remaining units disappeared. And as noted, the defeated factions no longer appear on the diplo list, so that should be an indication they are indeed defeated.

Good point about liberation. Still, it shouldn't be displayed until if and when the faction returns to the game even if the status is present.

Good point about liberation. Still, it shouldn't be displayed until if and when the faction returns to the game even if the status is present.

But that would be like a secret. It might be aesthetically preferable for it to be de-emphasized, but its absence, if that absence is taken to mean the absence of the fact it expresses, would be misrepresentation of the status.

There are many things that can be played with memory. But when a game helps benignly with information it tends to be a good thing, and decried when absent. I'm proposing some sympathy for the designers' choice here.

Right. Like if you're trying to determine whether or not to liberate a faction. Sounds reasonable.

If it is as intended, I can certainly live with that. Just didn't seem right when I saw it. I guess only the devs know if it is intentional.

Top Bottom