AI turn processing soft lock in "Settle City"

CivPurist

Chieftain
First off, apologies if I'm not doing this right. I've been reading this forum for years, but have mostly been on r/civ since Civ VI launched. However, I think the question I'm about to pose might be over the head of that audience.

My game updated this morning - China Leaders Pack update? - and I started a new game. I have a few mods, but nothing I'd expect to impact the AI.

Awhile in, I had a soft lock on turn processing; when I went into the AI_Behavior_Trees log, the top has a bunch of complaints about:

PlotResourceTypeRequirement: Could not find definition for resource RESOURCE_GYPSUM,
RESOURCE_MARBLE,
PlotResourceTypeRequirement: Could not find definition for resource RESOURCE_COCOA,
RESOURCE_SALT,
RESOURCE_SUGAR,
RESOURCE_HONEY
PlotResourceTypeRequirement: Could not find definition for resource RESOURCE_FURS,
RESOURCE_OLIVES
<etc>

The last non-error log entry was:

78, 1, Operation, Settle City Op, RUNNING, Concurrent,

I reloaded the last turn's autosave, replayed, same result.
I reloaded the save, played slightly differently - did not exchange gpt for gold to Gorgo and denounce her - turn proceeded normally.
Next turn, I did the exchange, declared a suprise war, and captured her settler . . . then the game soft locked again on the next end turn.

Why do I mention all that? In both cases, when I did the exchange, Monty complained about me having much his people did not (despite not having a change in my luxuries?), and it seems to be Monty's turn processing that gets stuck both times, and it's a settler AI step that's getting stuck worrying about luxuries per the log above.

Any ideas?

Follow-up:
- The critical action was doing the gpt for gold trade, or something which that caused (like Monty not liking me for some reason, perhaps fearing my increased gold?) Other action changes did not change the outcome.
- If I skipped the gpt for gold trade and proceeded with warring against Gorgo and taking her settler, Monty ended up expressing dislike for me a couple of turns later, but the soft-lock did not recur. Ultimately, I could continue my game at the cost of not "stealing" Gorgo's gold, and all the time wasted re-loading and diagnosing.

The other possibility that comes to mind is if I'm wrong about which AI soft-locked - see that it was AI "1" above, and Monty was highlighted in the HUD during the soft-lock - but it seems vaguely reasonable that capturing Gorgo's settler might throw the Gorgo settling AI into confusion. But I can't see why the gold for gpt trade would change that outcome.

I'm having exactly the same problem and it's driving me crazy! you're literally the only search result for it on google! Are you using "fast forward ai" by any chance?
The problem you can't test for it easily. sometimes it takes 20-30 turns to happen lol! it's very annoying

Top Bottom