AI World Congress Proposals

The AI is pretty stupid when it comes to voting.

Me and one other AI had plenty of votes to force our ideology as world ideology but they decided to dump nearly all their votes into Arts Funding (more than what was needed to make it statistically impossible to fail). So it passed by a gazillion Yeas to not a single Nay (as it almost always does every single game) and only put a handful of votes into World Ideology.

They should really split their votes more intelligently which includes the other issue of voting for hosts. When they have 3 votes and their friendliest ideological partner has 12 votes then they should just team up to ensure that the host isn't given to an ideological rival. I know the AI can vote for other people (I was voted in as host by another civ twice) but I've never seen the AI for for another AI.

Here's a screeny of me winning unexpectedly as China:
Spoiler :

Hmm, did you resurrect Polynesia? I thought that was the only case they would vote for you.

No, we were both just good buddies who both went Autocracy and were annihilating everyone on our continents (do note that this was just a host vote and not a world leader vote by the way). I was playing on Emperor.

At this point in time I had wiped out France and Morrocco while reducing Persia to a single city on my side of the ocean. Polynesia was dealing with his continent after having wiped out the Ottomans and reducing Carthage to a single city. We were both in the process of crushing Germany who was still a threat and equal in strength to him. So he randomly decides to make me host since he apparently trusted me enough after having killed two civs.

My primary objection to the World Congress is that human players cannot abstain from making proposals. Near endgame all that is usually left is embargoes or world ideology/religion.

Secondly, if the AI votes to embargo city-states they should lose friend/ally status with all city-states.

On king difficulty level, if i'm warmongering too much, i'll get embargo slapped on me within 3-5 voting sessions.

Another issue about the World Congress. Why are there always 2 proposals to be decided? Each election should be a single proposal.

The AI is pretty stupid when it comes to voting.

Me and one other AI had plenty of votes to force our ideology as world ideology but they decided to dump nearly all their votes into Arts Funding (more than what was needed to make it statistically impossible to fail). So it passed by a gazillion Yeas to not a single Nay (as it almost always does every single game) and only put a handful of votes into World Ideology.

They should really split their votes more intelligently which includes the other issue of voting for hosts. When they have 3 votes and their friendliest ideological partner has 12 votes then they should just team up to ensure that the host isn't given to an ideological rival. I know the AI can vote for other people (I was voted in as host by another civ twice) but I've never seen the AI for for another AI.

Here's a screeny of me winning unexpectedly as China:
Spoiler :

I saw something similar with Alexander, I was his friend and voted for all of his resolutions... surprise!

Top Bottom