AI's DoW in LAN games.

Berkobob

Warlord
Not sure if anything like this has been posted before but an interesting situation popped up in a LAN game my GF and I are currently playing. (BTS 3.13, no Bhuric patch)

7 player game on continents, me as Russia, GF as China, started out on seperate continents, I wiped out Gilgamesh early with axes/chariots and took over my (smaller) continent, GF boxed in early by hannibal and fought some wars vs Joao to expand a little.

About 15 turns before we saved the game and while no one was at war, Joao gave me a DoW and took over 3-4 of my island cities before I could get them back (navy/army was on other side of continent - smart AI :goodjob: )

However, as I was taking them back, Joao then gave a DoW to my GF and reconquered his cities that she had taken some 100 turns ago.

So it appears that the AI can DoW on multiple human players.

Again, not sure if this was already known but something to keep in mind if you play LAN games.

I am not sure if one occurance is enought empirical data to make conclusions :D

Where you and you GF playing cooperative ? By this i mean trading with each other etc. If so, you probably collected a ton of "Traded with Worst enemy" with the AI... And she fought wars with Jao before as well, so i guess the relations were not that good anyway... Could explain the DoW...

Yes, we did trade quite frequently. Joao was annoyed with both of us before the war, IIRC.

I just thought that once the AI was already in a war it would not DoW on anyone else, thats all.

And yes, I agree one observation of such behaviour is not enough to draw any conclusions :)

Perhaps someone has a reason for this behaviour, I cant read computer code :(

Top Bottom