Alert me when open borders is about to end.

matt94

Warlord
One turn before open borders (and/or other trade agreements) are about to end, have an alert which will allow you to ask the other leader to renew the agreement(s). This way my units will not get pushed out of their territry as I am passing through, just because the open borders agreement ended on that turn.

A renegotiation option one turn before expiry would make sense, given the problem that occurs when it does expire, even if you are renewing it. Renegotiation rather than renewal would be better, though, as you may want different terms for the trade.

Good point, how about this:

One of three things can happen

A) the leader approaches you one turn before asking for a renewal, in which you could accept, decline, or renegotiate.

B) the leader approaches with a new agreement including the old one, which you could accept, decline, or renegotiate.

C) the leader does nothing, as (s)he isn't interested in any agreement at all which includes the item that's about to expire.

Those make sense, but what would make even more sense is being able to make the approach yourself, rather than relying on the other leader doing so.

Top Bottom