Alpha Centauri PBEM

I see no point in continuing this particular save since it is only 2 turns in.
If pcmsia is interested in a game I'm here to play, shall we find an additional player or 2?

I'd be willing to set up (CMN) a game for you. I'm very fast. Once you know what you want, you can always advertise in other forums or PM (or email) people with active player profiles.

That very nice of you. I have nearly 30 pbems going on right now, some people are here to play occasionally and some like me are here always and have time for it, it is what I do to relax and unwind.

for my situation I prefer large games rather than 1 vs 1, these tend to come in twice daily and for only this situtation would I be the slowing factor, on the otherhand a 4+ player game allows for easier even flow of turns.

if you are wondering about quantity of games they are just about every version of civ and 5 or 6 other games also with pbem capabilities.

I am particulary fond of any pbem where the players involved accept and contribute a Role-Playing aspect, these are rare but far more fun than a game that consists of here's your turn buddy.

Are you currently in a role playing game whose thread I can look at?

If you want a role playing game, maybe that is different enough to attract players.

Here is a good example. It is important to understand what is going on here. I (America) at the top, Blaze (Mayans) at he bottom and Calis (Japan) sandwiched between us. Japan is very worried that the Mayan King will attack him from the South and Mutual Protection Pact that I and the Mayan have brings me in from the North. That really doesn't seem to intriguing until you find out that the peaceful Japan is wining at Culture by a long shot and has pulled from the other continent Hawklord (Rome) who also is a peaceful soul. But yet their is more, Rome lacking in technology used great strategy to outmaneuver the Arabs an (AI) nearly twice his power and comparably more advance. So Japan negotiates a MPP with Rome as backup from the Mayan and myself. I have attack the AI (France) for its luxury resources, discontinued trade of other Lux to everyone else to compensate for WAR WEARINESS.
The Mayan King intends on attacking Japan and bringing me into even know this has been the plan for a little while. The next thing is that a mighty armada of frigates (mine and the Mayans lay in the water Rome would need to cross to assist Japan.

The true RPG elements are behind the scene via email where very serious Diplomatic exchanges are and have been occur, so important that although the player could play the turn he needs to know more before he does.

Blaze_Injun enjoys writing a story, I enjoy a very deep twisting, very nerving approach to Diplomacy
Oh something i forgot to mention, If carthage gets Saltpeter(gunpowder units) from me, he'll most likely cause a great war with tough little Rome and japan would be left in a very bad way, so this story becomes very very compelling

I will send you a PM with of what happened just in this single post. As it is top secret.

If you want a role playing game, maybe that is different enough to attract players.
The next game I'll add to my arsenal of pbems will include both aliens, I will be H'minee and that is only if i can find a very vocal Marr

I use multi-media sounds, pictures you name it to thrill players. As of only about 2 years have I been here on these Forums, since the last 5+ years I have lost contact with an epic amount of players due to Time and Life and quite miss it.

I am not an expert player by any means and honestly only won a fair share of all the games I've played, but I guarantee you this, once I am able to contact the majority of the players within the game and that ball starts rolling, not one game drops a player! or at least not from boredom.

I understand, and then add that a human player, the non-alien faction could play 2 non-alien factions to compensate, this wouldn't make to much of a difference in the early game but a wise player having chosen a good pair, well you see the mid-game would be pretty exciting depending on which alien he decides to attack, this alien having the other to deal with. This player would need his 2 factions to be played one after the other that way he would just simply hit continue rather than wait for his other turn to be sent.
If this is considered appealing to someone I do ask that they are at least willing to be a little creative in their posting. It's nice to here someone gloating about giving your neighbor enemy a new weapons system rather than "oh here's your turn".

Hello A super group of Smac(X) players has gathered together to form a very promising Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire form.
It has Ladder challenges and other games are created in a very detailed manor. Rules of a game are covered and voted on and the games I've seen so far are been played at very good speed so that shows that these players won't to play these games and the chances of successfully completing them are far greater than anywhere I've ever seen. I say this because everyone that plays pbem games has had games fail because of players disappearing for what ever reasons.

Come here and see, reinstall this great game, join this Forum and have fun!!

Top Bottom