Always Get the Same AI Civs

NoMan

Warlord
I've played 4 C3C games so far and each time I get the same AI civs. I play standard size with 7 AIs, all random. I've played as the Incans, Mayans, Byzantines, and Dutch. Each time my opponents (obviously except when I was playing as them) were the Incans, Mayans, Aztecs, Iroquios, Americans and some others (Chinese at least twice). Is there a reason for this? On the first screen, where you choose the world settings, the random seed is set to 0. I've never changed it. Is that the cause?

NoMan,

When you start the game, make suyre that the AI oppoennts are set to 'all random'. Its possible that you listed your opponents, and that list is carrying over.

Breunor

What Breunor said but also make sure that the "culturally linked starting locations" option on same screen is turned off. This option is bugged and will mainly give you American opponents.

Culturally-linked start was the problem. I had always turned that off in Vanilla and I guess I just forgot about it when I started with C3C. User error, combined with the aforementioned always America culture bug. Thanks for your assistance.

Same, I almost always get Egypt, Persia, Babylon, and Germany. I never seem to get any Asian civs or England and France

Conversly, there are civs I very rarely see in 3C3 - England, Egypt, Mongols, Vikings, Russia, Zulu. I know there's an awful lot of civs now and with 12 slots I shouldn't be too surprised. Still, it seems as if this expansion tends to prefer the more recently added civs over some of the originals (Although France and America pop up quite often).

Prince David said:
Conversly, there are civs I very rarely see in 3C3 - England, Egypt, Mongols, Vikings, Russia, Zulu. I know there's an awful lot of civs now and with 12 slots I shouldn't be too surprised. Still, it seems as if this expansion tends to prefer the more recently added civs over some of the originals (Although France and America pop up quite often).

Strangely enough in the C3C game I'm playing now with all civs random, I drew England, Mongols and Zulu from your list.

Top Bottom