amateur Twitch Streaming

amateurgamer88

Emperor
Hey everyone! This is amateurgamer88. As some of you know, I do photojournals here and it has been a blast. Doing photojournals have taught me a lot about my mistakes and such. However, I do enjoy the streaming experience more so I've decided to go back to streaming civ 5 VP. I also stream other stuff so I'll update this thread whenever I go on and play civ 5. The positive thing about streaming is that people see my every single decision and can correct me there. Since I've recently start a Deity game, I think I need to really work on optimizing all of my decisions.

I'm starting the thread now because I want to hear what settings people want to see me streaming. I'm used to Marathon Speed but I am willing to try other speeds (and likely fail miserably since the pacing is so different). I also don't mind trying out different map settings (though I decide on the size since my laptop is quite limited in what it can handle). As for difficulty, I think I'm decent (on Marathon at least) on Immortal. Deity can be a lot more tricky since I'm still getting used to things. There are also a handful of civs I have yet to play yet so I might give those civ a try during these streaming sessions.

I'm not going very heavy with mods yet but I will take suggestions. At the moment, I have whatever is provided by the installer of a beta version (still using 10-10 version right now) and Really Advanced Setup.

I don't have a set schedule so I'll post here whenever I'm going live. I don't recommend following me on my twitch channel since I do other things and you probably aren't interested in that. :p

Twitch Link: https://www.twitch.tv/amateurgamer88
For those who missed the streams and want to see the fails and such, here's the YT channel I made that will show all the streams: https://goo.gl/dzf3Vo

Last edited:
Thanks to all those who joined me! I definitely appreciate it! I will be posting the stream on YT in 24h due to rules. Hope to catch all of you again next stream! :)

Thanks to all those who joined me! I definitely appreciate it! I will be posting the stream on YT in 24h due to rules. Hope to catch all of you again next stream! :)

I dropped by the stream .. Best of luck .. :)

PS: Can't wait for full HD stream

I dropped by the stream .. Best of luck .. :)

PS: Can't wait for full HD stream

Thanks so much! Definitely appreciates it! As for HD streams, I'm afraid my laptop can't handle it. :)

Streaming in 10 min or so. The Twitch link is in the first post. I also recently added a link to my YT channel so, if you want to catch the streams you missed, it should be uploaded there as well. :)

First, I'd like to thank all those who joined me last stream. I just don't want to keep bumping this thread unless I'm actually streaming.

In 10 min or so, I'll be streaming. :)

Thanks once again to all those who joined my last stream! My YT link above has most of the streams so far (Twitch has this exclusivity right thing so I have to upload 24h after streaming) and it will be updated fairly regularly with all the streams if you want to catch them.

I will be streaming in 10 min or so. :)

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! Things are getting fun with Babylon!

I will be streaming in 5 min or so. :)

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! It's going to be interesting to see when Progress will start kicking in for our enormous empire. Maybe I can avoid any serious wars.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! Progress has been kicking in slower than I expect. Maybe I have overexpanded?

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! We might be seeing some interesting wars coming up. I do need to do better with my policies though.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! It's an interesting choice to decide when to go to war. We have some really aggressive civs who aren't anywhere near us.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! Seems like war might be inevitable at this point.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! We are building up to a major war. If I win this war, I think victory is practically assured, though I assume that Progress should start helping me a lot soon as we are heading into the late game.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! This can easily be the last game with Babylon. We are getting to the end game where I have fewer and fewer enemies. With the number of cities I have, I don't think any other AI can defeat me in terms of production and production is so key this late in the game. A few might be there in terms of tech but that can't help them if my military is as strong as it is.

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! This stream will be a spoiler for those who are following my Egypt playthrough. I'm just trying to finish it quickly so I can use the most recent version.

I will be streaming in 5 min or so. This won't be a very long stream. I expect it to be 1 hour long. :)

Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! I will be starting a new game with another civ on epic speed. I have much to learn still before I can adjust to this.

I will be streaming in 5 min or so.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who dropped by! We are getting into a messy situation with America. Cramped and surrounded by many AIs. We are going to have a war heavy game for sure.

Last edited:
Thanks to all those who joined my last stream! I will be starting a new game with another civ on epic speed. I have much to learn still before I can adjust to this. I will shelf my America game until I get a bit more practice. It's going to be a gruesome battle for sure with how cramped everyone is. I think I should just go with simpler settings and don't get fancy yet.

I have started my game with Byzantium and an early war with America... felt awkward but necessary. We'll see if we'll continue conquering our neighbors.

EDIT: Thanks to all those who joined my stream! Things are getting interesting and I'll see whether or not I can take advantage of a massive war. We need to conquer someone, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom