Amenities don't spread properly (Not a Bug)

Leyrann

Deity
I am currently in a game, where I now have 6 cities, and I have two luxery resources, Cotton and Cocoa. Of Cocoa, I have 2 copies, of Cotton something like 5. This should mean, that I have 2 amenities from luxery resources in every city. However, the additional copies I have don't actually get used, and I'm stuck with 4 cities with 2/2 amenities, one with 1/2 amenities (capital grants a free amenity, so it only puts one luxery resource there) and one with 0/2 amenities.

I am playing on the new patch, and I do not have a single mod enabled.

upload_2016-11-18_15-12-34.png

Additional copies of luxury resources, don't add amenities. You get 4 amenities only per type of luxury resource.

That is correct -- only a unique luxury provides amenities; extra copies are only good for trading with the AI or as "insurance policies" in case the first version of the luxury is pillaged or otherwise lost. This is confirmed both by in-game testing and by explicit confirmation by the devs, so the persistence of the pre-launch rumor/hope that multiples copies of amenities would benefit additional cities is perplexing.

If you want to learn more about amenities, see the Amenities Guide in Strategy & Tips.

Thread title edited to add "Not a Bug."

I am 100% sure that it worked with multiple copies affecting multiple cities before this. I don't see any other way how I've been able to keep 15-20 city empires happy with only one entertainment complex and colosseum, reaching into the modern era.

I am 100% sure that it worked with multiple copies affecting multiple cities before this. I don't see any other way how I've been able to keep 15-20 city empires happy with only one entertainment complex and colosseum, reaching into the modern era.

You're not.. you have to build multiple entertainment complexes (or get lots of different luxuries...trade your extra cotton to the AI for some silk or silver or citrus)

All I can say is that you are mistaken. The game has never (pre- or post-patch) allowed multiple copies of a luxury to provide additional amenities.

Keep an eye on the city states also. If you're the suzerain, you may have received some resources from them also which would explain how "easy" it was before.

In particular, if you are suzerain of Zanziibar, you get two special luxuries, Cinnamon and Cloves, that provide 6 amenities apiece.

With the patch, they've improved the Resources page in View Reports. On it, you can see the four cities a given luxury is being used for.

Top Bottom