1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

An AI Conundrum... Trebuchets?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Veo, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Veo

Veo Chieftain

Has anyone with Warlords observed the AI's behavior with Trebuchets? Do the AI civs count them as seige weapons (building fewer cats) or City-attack weapons (building fewer swordsmen, etc.)?

Has the city taking AI been improved noticably?

2. Andraeianus I

Andraeianus I Warlord

I am also curious whether the AI knows to use the additions. Especially, great generals! Probably that was the most difficult part in the development of the add-on.

3. franlato

franlato Warlord

my girlfriend saw an AI using is Warlord in a war attached to another unit
    I did not saw this in my game but i'm quite positive that the AI know how to use their general... *unlike in civ3*

4. jimbob27

jimbob27 Emperor

Getting the AI to use warlords properly was the whole reason for the warlords expansion. They wanted them in the original, but didn't have the time to get them in there, so they had to wait.

I expect they'll be able to use them, but I doubt they'll be able to use them effectively.

5. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

If anyone has seen Solver's review at Apolyton he basically says that they will use them, but they won't go out of their way to protect them (and will use them in risky situations that result in their destruction).

6. franlato

franlato Warlord

Good, it's great then...
    I was fearing that it would be like in civ3 where they were unable to make anything with a great leader... it was a shame really, now not only they use them but they use them in risky situation... at least we will see them use the warlords :)

7. Veo

Veo Chieftain

lol i should have titled the thread "an AI conundrum: definitely not trebuchets."
    :lol: