Anatolia Map

sipahi

Chieftain
This is a real terrain map for Anatolia ( Turkiye ), the map size is standard an intended for 8 players. There are 11 player starting positions. The real geographic shape is slightly distorted for more playeable fun. Hovewer the resources are placed as real as possible. Hope you enjoy.:love:

Good work!

With that skill, I am sure that you would be much more accurate with a mini-map feature...

Helal olsun :)

Originally posted by SpincruS
Good work!

With that skill, I am sure that you would be much more accurate with a mini-map feature...

Helal olsun :)

Selam kardesler!

Sizlere bir sorun:

Bana harita yapmayi ogretebilir misiniz?Vaktiniz varsa, bir Orta Dogu haritasi ve ona ilaveten de ayri bir Iran haritasi yapabilir misiniz?

Zaten hayli mutesekkirim.

Iyi gunler.

Great map!! One BIG problem, though...

My game keeps freezing around 820 AD, anyone else having this problem? Its a shame too, I was doing well...

-Steve

Wish I knew more about the terrain to comment on its accuracy, but... it looks really nice!

Time to dig up my old National Geographics. I admit I know *nothing* about Anatolian terrain.

I like "realistic" resource placement. Let folks fight over it, or (GASP), have to TRADE! I think that'll be an interesting trend in MP... people may prefer designed maps with clever resource caches to resource potluck.

This is not a good map, really. It's far from being accurate. You say geographic shape is "slightly" distorted, but it's been "very much" distorted. Looks like you'd drawn it from your mind; not looking from a map. If you want an advice on making an accurate map, take an atlas (a big, good one I mean, not the ones we'd used in elementary school) and draw according to the latitudes and longitudes. It takes time and a real "work" to make a good map. I spend my weeks to make my own earth map. (which I'm gonna post very soon)

Originally posted by raven
This is not a good map, really. It's far from being accurate. You say geographic shape is "slightly" distorted, but it's been "very much" distorted. Looks like you'd drawn it from your mind; not looking from a map. If you want an advice on making an accurate map, take an atlas (a big, good one I mean, not the ones we'd used in elementary school) and draw according to the latitudes and longitudes. It takes time and a real "work" to make a good map. I spend my weeks to make my own earth map. (which I'm gonna post very soon)
It sounds like you need to learn something about map making. This map looks good. There are dozens of projections that people can use for a single part of the world. None look the same. Some have distorted area, others distorted direction; No one is any less accurate, how good it is depends on your needs. Distortion is a given, unless you use a globe. (edit) Ultimately, the quality should be judged on playability, too. I look forward to seeing your maps! :cool:

For example, the familiar Mercator projection (using lat/long, as you suggest) makes Greenland and northern Europe look ridiculously out of proportion - but you'd be hard pressed to find a navigator who would want any other map, because direction is accurate. Is it garbage or perfect? Depends on who you ask.

(I happen to be a professional who makes maps every day)

To Sodak:

Forget about the projections. I don't talk about the distortions because of projection types. There are big mistakes here that doesn't related with projection types.

-"Antalya Bay" (big one at the southern shore) is at the middle of the coast. It should be close to west.

-"Marmara Sea" (NW part) surely doesn't look like that.

-"Van Lake" (east) looks ridiculous.

-The peninsulas at SW part are hardly seen. Looks like the SW part is completely "cut".

-The lakes at the middle shouldn't be there. They should be close to west (a little sw in fact).

-Generally, the western part of Anatolia looks to be widen.

Take any map with any projection and compare this one with them. As you will see, this map hasn't been made according to a projection. What I mean is, make the maps according to a projection, a system. Not from your minds.

I post my earth map yesterday. If you're so curious on my maps, you can look at it.

raven: Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. I thought the complaints were about it being distorted, not actual placement of features. I trust that you know more about the geography of turkey than I do, considering you live there! I was only commenting on the shape as a result of projection. :cool:

I've been in Anatalia a few weeks ago. Amazing landscape. :)

Top Bottom