Annoying messages

Captain Pugwash

Warlord
After I have started the WoI, I generally stop trading goods altogether. I have better things to do and I don't need the money so it serves no purpose. Sometimes the master weaver or other skilled production guy has been drafted into the military so no cloth is being produced. However, there is no way to stop cotton being produced by settlements whose central tile is plains. Therefore it isn't long before I start getting messages saying "5 Cotton lost due to lack of storage space". Soon there are messages about Tobacco and Wood and all sorts of crap that I couldn't care less about.

Does anybody know of a way to stop these pointless messages ? I get them every turn during the WoI and they interfere with more important messages about the war.

There seem unfortunately to be no way to get rid of these :(

After I have started the WoI, I generally stop trading goods altogether. I have better things to do and I don't need the money so it serves no purpose. Sometimes the master weaver or other skilled production guy has been drafted into the military so no cloth is being produced. However, there is no way to stop cotton being produced by settlements whose central tile is plains. Therefore it isn't long before I start getting messages saying "5 Cotton lost due to lack of storage space". Soon there are messages about Tobacco and Wood and all sorts of crap that I couldn't care less about.

Does anybody know of a way to stop these pointless messages ? I get them every turn during the WoI and they interfere with more important messages about the war.

I believe that if you go to Advanced and then Options you can disable those warnings.

I disabled all pop-ups, tips and advisors that i am aware of (Standard Proceedings since Civ3) and i still get these messages...

I must say untill some point they are even usefull - when i just build up the economy, the prices are high, the taxes low and i do really care about loosing 3 units of [goods] per turn...

However later in the gamem they become mostly irrelevant...

5 Cotton lost due to lack of storage space
build the lumber yard (mill? can't remember exactly) then the warehouse expansion and you'll get money for your excess. not full price of course but better than losing it!

You will still get the messages tho...

I guess I would like a "Settings" option

Disable warehouse overflow message Y/N [ ]

but there isn't one. That would be one way to handle it.

I guess I would like a "Settings" option

Disable warehouse overflow message Y/N [ ]

but there isn't one. That would be one way to handle it.

Same feelings here.
I'd also like the possibility to disable messages telling me that prices have changed.

(Reviving an old therad)

The most annoying for me are the messages that a settlement is "out of X and cannot make Y". For example when my weaver could produce 12 cloth and the cotton production is sufficient only for 11, I get this message every turn. In late game there are really too much of them, and it's easy to miss the really important events. (The price change messages are useless too, keeping track of the prices in Europe is not among the most important things to do in this game). Maybe there is a way to get rid of such messages by editing XML or Python files?

Top Bottom