Another Problem

I am compelled to mention, this may be one of the many reasons I so dislike Windows. They couldn't even get it straight that files are supposed to be searched in "Ignores-Case" mode. I know, unix honors case. But DOS and Windows are not supposed to. PCAnywhere32 has a related bug. It's what is commonly called "The Learning Curve", but I call it buggy design.

In most cases, such as PaSsWoRdS, case is just a nightmare. I learned that 20 years ago, programming for people, and being responsive to them. For example, the Caps Lock indicator doesn't always work - a killer for an infrequent user. What is it with MicroSoft?

And I see naervod has Civ2\Civ2. That is due to the screwy way Windows Cuts and Pastes files and directories. In several cases, my clients have tried to move directories without me, and we live TO THIS DAY with screwy directory structures like that. Oh well.. sigh.

Duke, you are simply a Marvel of Patience. Thanx again!

When it comes to reasons for disliking Windows, just DON'T START. We may not have time to discuss the game. ;)

It is night and I am tired. I will try your ideas tomorrow morning, I think the upper and lower case may be the problem. Also, could someone send me screenshots of all relavent Science Material so I can continue as Science Advisor?

SUCESSS! Not only can I play the game, but downloading it from the next turn post also works. I will have a Science Report up soon.

Top Bottom