Any expected launching date for RAR 2.7?

vincmc

Chieftain
Colonization is my most favorite game and huge appreciate to TAC and RAR team to make it even better!!

Sorry for being greedy but would like to share my wishlist for 2.7:

Just a wishlist to share:

Cultural boundary: Preferably expands by single plot rather than by the entire surrounding plots.

Weapons equipped for petty criminals, indentured servant, free colonist and veteran soldiers: The combat strength currently is all the same, 8 for musket man and dragoon, 9 for cavalryman. Wondering if petty criminals and indentured servant would have penalty for combat strength (e.g. 5-7), and need to upgrade by winning battles. More, it seems more logical that veteran soldiers without weapons enjoy a better base combat strength, like 3 or 4.

More events to Interact with native tribes: It would be great if native tribes would seek help or quest for the Europeans, for more diplomatic and military interactions. For example, they may request horses or muskets to build their army. More, they may request specific goods to upgrade their settlements so the other European rivals are harder to fight your native allies. Request building roads to connect one of their settlement, attacking other tribes/powers, visiting holy site, etc. Option for choosing converted natives or improve relationship from mission. They may send student to learn sometimes which may need to occupy educational building slots for better relationship.
Makes ally with one of the tribes quite critical to go inland as they will help expelling hostile inland raider native wanderers? Making missionaries and diplomacy more important.
Native tribes allies may help to fight the other powers (specific city?) or even the King in case the relationship is good enough.

Tougher to inland build city, more special features: Wondering if any inland permanent holy sites which occupying would lead to high diplomatic penalty or instant war. Attacking natives and build inland cities would create negative diplomatic impact to all natives.
Scouts are losing importance by time in current game, wondering if they need to stay for turns in some feature to gain ancient valuable artifacts for selling in Europe or gain special military units, etc. It is not quite fair for the first power with many scouts and got all the treasures at the first met and discover, prefer need to stay for turns for treasures for higher value.
Scouts and inland city may face more frequent native wanderers attacking and need more troops to defend.

Trade with natives: In reality, tribes should not trade as kind of cash same as the European powers but exchange for gold, silver, gems or raw goods instead which needs to be further trade in Europe. Special gift may be obtained in case their desired goods are supplied.

Trade with other powers: It is now too simple as the trade mechanism is rigid. There is room for a bit more dynamic improvements. They should pay higher for weapons for military needs and much less for raw materials and finished goods as they need to sell at margin after tax in EU.

Replace seldom used trade items like trade goods & luxury goods:
Possible to change to something like medical stuff which are another items which needed desperately by the natives that cannot manufactured in new world but can only bring from EU for another way of income or building diplomatic advantage? Or it can manufacture slowly at the hospital by the doctor professionals. Maybe those medical stuff is required to equip for medical unit? Also may need medicine to recovered plagued cities? (city keeps many turns of unhealthy status would result in plague).

Attacking tendency of wild animals and possibility of adding more stronger hostile native raiders in the inland or isolated islands (hidden tribes like native land pirate units): Kind of building more barriers to discover and explore inland.

Escaped units: Escaped units (e.g. slaves, petty criminals, etc.) should move and join the closest power or natives instead of wondering around the outskirt of the city. They may sometimes steal the muskets or horses to join native. On the other hand, escaped units form rivals may join player occasionally as well to keep the balance.

Wool and Leather are under priced: Cattle and sheep industry requires initial investment for livestock and more headcounts in the city for processing. Generating food in the process does not outweigh the extra efforts. Wool and leather and the related raw materials should sell higher price.

Natives are too weak and hard to evolves with modern weapons: Natives may upgrade their settlement in several levels if they satisfied the demand goods for upgrading from allied powers, up to certain level they may build horseman or other special powerful units.

Strengthened missionaries: Wondering if missionaries can generate treasures or extra one off bonus crosses by events or over time.

Train (local land transport) items: It should always require horses and tools to build for any kind of land transports.

Too easy to explore (especially with seasoned scouts):
They should not always get positive outcome, especially when exploring further away from the home city, at least suffering a bit damage even treasure is obtained. In return, the treasure could be more valuable. And seasoned scout is a must to entering some restricted tiles?

Just kind of making the game even more durable, apologies if above ideas have been gone through before...

I dont know what are the goals for the 2.7 release, but i think it is far more importend to improove the ai.
I dont have the feeling there is any challenge to win a game.
The ai doesnt try to win, or is too bad at it. Ai never declared independence in any game a played with rar.
The ai is only a threat when it declares war on me and then enters my teritory with 50+ heavy artillery.

and i would move the thread to the rar subboard

Please...we have our own subforum for RaR. Please post any stuff relating to RaR in our own forum!

Regarding 2.7: We are working on a version 2.7... thanks for your feedback! Always appreciated. Some of the points are mentioned above do we have in mind since years...so, of course balancing is always an issue.

Sorry for posting in wrong forum.
Thanks for going through my post. Believe the game will be better and better!

We're working on improving the AI, but it is no easy task. I've only been involved with RaR for a couple of month so I have used most of the time so far on tracking down and fixing bug so that I could get familiar with the codebase (which is friggin' huge btw, few mods are the size of RaR. I think that only the BTS mod Caveman 2 Cosmos may be comparable in size)

Top Bottom