1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Any ideas on how to get in?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Xoon, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

So I really want to crack this nut, but I'm not sure how to do it. I thought about maybe building a city and constructing an encampment on the other side of the mountains. Am I overthinking? Is there an easier way to get in there and see what bounty awaits?

KumaChan likes this.
  2. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Trick of the Map... I've had that happen to me before...

Nothing you can do about it unfortunately (not that I've found anyways)...

Sometimes a mystery must remain a mystery :crazyeye:

3. masda_gib

masda_gib Warlord

Building an encampment or holy site inside the mountain range is the only way I could think of to enter.
    For just looking inside you can also launch the earth orbiting satellite as this reveales the whole map. :)

edit, just for completeness: building an airport inside and one outside lets you also get units inside.

KumaChan likes this.
  4. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

There may be little more than more mountains. But building an encampment over there might work - if you can find a place within 3 tiles of the city that's not mountain. If you try this, please post if it works. :D

5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Put a unit next to the mountains, found a city nearby, do a strategic purchase of neighbouring tiles except the one with your unit and gift/sell it to an AI. When its borders grow to that tile, your unit might be pushed inside (don't sign open borders!)... or not.

Now, that's proper overthinking. Your option with an encampment inside is much more sensible, in comparison :)

Well, if you get lucky with the city placement, of course. There might be further mountains in the second ring. And in the third...

6. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Rofl some people here have more imagination than I do :lol:

Seems a little overkill to me to make a settler, settle a city that's probably going to be a bad one, then build an encampment.... but I guess if the city's chosen spot is lucky (no more mountains behind the one you see now, it could work...

Please keep us informed if you succeed !

7. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I am 100% certain that by the time you get a unit inside all available tiles in the enclave will have a barbarian on it.

qadams and DeutschDachs like this.
  8. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

Not barbarians, but White Walkers. Don't break the Wall!

LedStone, tedhebert and Olleus like this.
  9. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Come to think of that, military engineers could really use an ability to break tunnels through one-tile wide mountain ranges, let's say after Industrialisation or Steam Power. But that's just wishful thinking, I suppose, like the ability to dig canals.

qadams and WillowBrook like this.
  10. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Damn, now I'm curious. If you don't want to try it, post a save so I can. Now I'm itching to find out what's inside.

11. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Well the easiest way is the 'reveal all' command, but I'm assuming you meant the easiest legitimate way ;)

12. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

Damn, i m curious too now. Please OP, give u answers

13. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

I placed a city, but it only showed another lawyer of mountains, so I may have lost out on that gamble. Unfortunately I'm fighting everyone so I don't have freed up funds to buy in to see if I can encampment my way in. I'll update as I dig.

So can flying units not go over mountains?

14. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm sure they can, and bombers often do open up map that I haven't seen. But there is no way to actively fly them to a certain spot Civ2/SMAC style. Maybe the patrol command on fighters? I don't build fighters, so I'm not real familiar with the patrol command. As for bombers, you'd have to target something on the other side of the mountain range. You can bomb improvements of your allies I found out one time. So that may work.

I was mostly curious of the encampment trick would work. Otherwise I'd just wait for earth satellite.

16. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

The earth satellite doesn't reveal ressources, though.

17. KayAU

KayAU King

I have a similar thing on my current map, although not nearly as large. I'm guessing mine is just mountains. Yours, however, is probably an amazing hidden valley, with the missing Fountain of Youth natural wonder.

In any case, I must know.

I wonder if it is possible to get a start location which is completely isolated like that.