[GS] Any way I could have handled this differently? (CS and grievances)

If my budget is low, I'm not building walls because I'm building commercial hubs and harbors. With zero adjacency bonuses if needed. Trade routes (and to a lesser degree CH buildings) are by far the best way of fixing your budget.

For reference: a low budget for me is any gpt less than the turn number in the first 100 turns (at standard game speed), after that it quickly starts rising, and by turn 200 I'll consider anything below 500 gpt to be a low budget.
That makes sense. It really does... but what im saying is that there's smaller sized cities that won't always allow more districts for example, or when there's no luxes for growth.. walls don't always require a certain population to build. My suggestion isn't a main source of :gold: but it can save a few :commerce: sometimes.

That makes sense. It really does... but what im saying is that there's smaller sized cities that won't always allow more districts for example, or when there's no luxes for growth.. walls don't always require a certain population to build. My suggestion isn't a main source of :gold: but it can save a few :commerce: sometimes.

On one hand, that's true. On the other hand, if a city doesn't have an economic district among it's first three, then I'm either messing things up, or the city is highly unusual (e.g. crazy adjacency bonuses). And if a city isn't size 7 yet, but I'm still at the district cap already, chances are I should either build other city center buildings, or get some improvements going and therefore build a builder. Traders are also something I may build in such cities. Oh yeah, and it would also imply I really need a domestic trade route to get to 7.

Top Bottom