Anybody know how random it is to get leaders?

Mithrander

Chieftain
Hey does anybody out there know how the whole leader thing works? I know it comes from an elite unit who wins a battle, but is there any more to it? For instance does government, happiness, golden age, etc. effect when you can get a leader? Oh one more thing can you have more than one leader at a time?

Thanks a bunch: Mithrander

:nuke: Its always been my philosophy to nuke first, and question later. :nuke:

I think (off the top of my head) these are the odds:

1/16 when an elite unit wins

1/12 when an elite unit wins in a militaristic civ.

Heroic epic wonder increases likelyhood by 25% (I think)

I have never had more than 1 leader at a time, I have got two leaders in one turn though, I used the first one, then got the second.

1/16 non militaristic 1/12 militaristic
I heard winning two battles usually makes you upgrade but I am not sure if it works with leaders
Those other things don't seem to affect but I am not positive

Does anyone know if it's predetermined when the turn begins?

Someone oughta test that out; send an elite unit into battle and keep reloading the turn over and over to see if a GL ever pops up. I'd do it, but I have my hands full failing at global conquest:cry:

I thought it was 1/16 for everyone and then 1/12 after Heroic Epic. I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't think Militaristic had any effect. Am I mistaken?

Originally posted by chiefpaco
I thought it was 1/16 for everyone and then 1/12 after Heroic Epic. I seem to be in the minority here, but I didn't think Militaristic had any effect. Am I mistaken?
Being a militaristic civ DOES have an effect on getting leaders. The only time i've ever got any was playing as japanese, germans, etc.

Oh wait, I did get one as the iroquois.

Being militeristic helps you get to elite in the first place. The two battles rule is per-turn. I've fought and won two battles in two turns and not gotten promoted lots of times. Since you need to be elite this helps.

I don't know about how the odds for getting a GL from battle are affected though.

Cheers,
Shawn

Top Bottom