Anyone else really like Seven Seas?

Fractal is "unpredictable" in the vein of hurricanes: randomly screws you over.

I've been disappointed with 7 seas in my 2 attempts. I have yet to play a full post patch game, I haven't been into Civ like I used to. I did start another game yesterday. Again with Victoria, this time on small continents, now this map I like so far. 7 seas was too difficult to navigate, so isn't good for civs like England. I was on a huge map, maybe standard would have been better? I really thought I would like it, but so far I don't.

It seems like YnAMP is working with the latest patch. The default setting allows for a lot more polar passages, which connects water even more.

The description of YnAMP says nothing about this - it just adds larger map sizes and some real-world maps. Does it have an effect on standard-sized maps?

Last Saturday, the TurnCast group I was in played Seven Seas, for a second attempt. It was pretty much agreed, that we would not be using this map script in the future. It was not well liked but any of the four of us. I was in a large area, blocked by mountains on the east. Had Alex to the West, only 1 tile to block. Had Sweden to North-West, blocked also by 1 hex.

Top Bottom