Are spies overpowered?

Look at the date on this thread @Phoenix1595 .. it is a necro, revived by @Tuvok694 for some reason.
Everything looks simple. Just created a LOS guide, testing confused the hell out of me. Nothing in this game is simple.
Sometimes when I start a new thread in a forum, I get angry responses saying "use the search function, we already have a discussion on that topic". So I searched for "spies", found this thread here, saw that it was quite old but nevertheless posted my statement to avoid opening a new thread. Espionage is still a game feature so the topic is not really dead, is it?
I apologize if I made the wrong decision.
So please tell me which is the right course of action: Using an old thread or searching for one that best matches what I want to talk about?

Moderator Action: In future, please report threads that are necro's and let staff decide how to handle it. Look what happened, instead of discussing the topic, we are discussing whether posting here was proper or not. Exactly what we try to avoid. Back to topic please.

Sorry @Tuvok694 there have been a lot of changes in spies but not in the fundamentals so I guess this thread is still valid. There was another thread after this where partisans were discussed a lot. There was no real answer from that thread, just that the AI loves to partisan and also expel governors.
It does allow a defensive spy honey trap to promote spies but equally limits your use of neighbourhoods.
I personally find them throwing my governors out more upsetting but then I tend to leave the odd unit around for defence anyway.

Last edited:
GS added a nice promotion for spies to defend all districts in a city (and the ones next to him better), but it's hard to know if the AI properly uses them.

Top Bottom