Armageddon from Outer Space!

I don't like the idea. An out of space attack has never occured, as far as we know, in history.

the relation between reality and CIV is always a very fine line.
Think that in the real world there were never "barbarians"(people that always raid and never settle) , spearmen rarely face MI Abrahams tanks, and we dont usually mine the grassland.
But all this make the gameplay, more interesting that's why we accept those conventions.
What you probably mean-that I accept-is that some ideas cross this fine line in a more brutal way than others...but then I really think you should read: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=84982
I'm sure you will enjoy it... :lol:

There is more realism in the game than you say.
Barbarians in the game have camps, they just don't build civ's. Look at the Berbers in northern africa, or other tribes in Africa, or the Lap's in Finland, they all never build cities.
The Greeks used cavalry and beat the Italian tanks in WOII. The american indians fought the us cavalary with bow&arrows and spears.
But you are right, we don't mine grassland, but it is a metafoor for intensive agriculture.
I think out of space is like you say, crossing the line way to far. Put in a modpack and try it out. :p

Barbarians in the game have camps, they just don't build civ's. Look at the Berbers in northern africa, or other tribes in Africa, or the Lap's in Finland, they all never build cities.
Civilization:An advanced state of intellectual, cultural, and material development in human society, marked by progress in the arts and sciences, the extensive use of record-keeping, including writing, and the appearance of complex political and social institutions. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=civilization&r=67)
In the game barbarians produce nothing of it. I dont think that this applies to tha Berbers, the Laps, or "other tribes in Africa"
The Greeks used cavalry and beat the Italian tanks in WOII
Greeks did not had cavalry, and Italians could not use tanks.This war was fought on mountainous terrain and the main use of horses was dragging artillery through the snow or provide food.
http://www.fhw.gr/chronos/14/en/1940_1945/war/02.html
The american indians fought the us cavalary with bow&arrows and spears
Even in the cases where that was true(before the indians aquired rifles-and without mentionning their skilled mounted archers)it still does not equal Spearman vs.modern armour...I dont think the Americans had tanks at the time.
we don't mine grassland, but it is a metafoor for intensive agriculture.
exactly. many things in the game are metaphors.as my idea.
Put in a modpack and try it out
I tried and fail.could you help me? :)

Good reply. I am impressed. :thumbsup:
I do not have time or the knowledge to build modpacks, sorry.

A better scenario for the Wrath of God would be that evangelists who were lurking in all of your cities incite everyone to rebellion against you because of your heavy-handedness. All of your cities except your capital rebel, each one forming its own civilization. All of your armies disband (along with everyone else's) because all the troops listened to the prostletyzers and now you have to retake the entire world.

Immediately, the computer switches into simultaneous turn mode so that you will get to have decent computer response time even though there are now 350 different civilizations.

Can you give me some A/D/M for the evangelists?
I agree but still we need spearmen in mountains since they trigger so many nightmares in the collective subconsious...lol

Well, you could always have the evangelists change into spearmen and become hermits...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's a great idea! It'd be like a personal showdown with divinty...... Or Sid.... wait in this game it's about the same! I think it'd also be interesting if say... a random number of nukes attacked some of your larger cities (kinda like a sodom and gamora thing) just to make the invasion a little more challengeing. As if dreaded spearmen fortified in the mountains were'nt bad enough..... What would that take? Like fifteen modern armors apeice?

Top Bottom