Army loading

dalgo

Emperor
Just wondering if there is any information available on the various permutations for loading units into an army. I did try some tests myself but didn't get consistent results.

For instance - if I want to load 3 elite + 1 vet cavalry into my army I would like the resulting army to show vet/elite/elite/elite. That way the veteran cav is first up in a fight and will soon promote giving me a 20 hp army. If I have 2 elite + 2 vets then I would want to see a vet/vet/elite/elite result - and no it's not a case of just loading the vets in first as you would think.

Excellent question, I've wondered about the regular/veteran status of the whole army, how does it change and what changes?

Does the city with the Military Academy need to have barracks for this? And what is the difference between a regular and a veteran Army? (I thought there isn't any?!)

Yes a barracks is needed for the Military Academy to build a veteran army but there is no difference in performance between a regular and a veteran army - that depends on the units loaded into the army.

However there is a slight difference in appearance. When first formed the green/yellow/red ball that denotes movement points remaining is in a different position. For a veteran army it is just behind the shoulder of the army figure, for a regular army it is slightly lower - behind the upper arm. Once units are added to the army this becomes the health points bar.

This is similar to other units with no hit points such as catapults. They are also recognised as regular or veteran even though there is no difference in performance.

Everything you never needed to know about Civ III

Top Bottom