attaking planetary wonders

tbrichter

Chieftain
I've looked in the forums and haven't seen this addressed anywhere, though it is possible I could have missed it. I was playing a multiplayer game and tried to attack one of the other player's emancipation gate with a dreadnought but it wouldn't do anything except show the attack stats for both units. Can you attack a planetary wonder like the emancipation gate with a ranged unit like the dreadnought or is it because it's a naval unit or some other reason? Any help would be appreciated.

I've looked in the forums and haven't seen this addressed anywhere, though it is possible I could have missed it. I was playing a multiplayer game and tried to attack one of the other player's emancipation gate with a dreadnought but it wouldn't do anything except show the attack stats for both units. Can you attack a planetary wonder like the emancipation gate with a ranged unit like the dreadnought or is it because it's a naval unit or some other reason? Any help would be appreciated.

Ranged units can only take planetary wonders down to 0 health, you need a melee unit to actually kill them.

Your dreadnought's line-of-sight can also be blocked by a forest or hill on the shore. Rather than right-clicking, if you click ranged attack in the unit actions menu, you can see whether your effective range is being reduced by terrain.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bug. I ran into a bug the other day where a few of my aircraft did not damage a PW, even though the animation ran and they used up their attack...

Boats can attack planetary wonders just fine based on my experience. Were you at war? Any of those in the previous post apply to the situation?

Grrrr... Lost a game to a friend's Mindflower because I only had a ship in the area, and I could bombard it to zero health, but without a land unit I couldn't actually capture it! Beat my Emancipation Gate victory by just a few turns... if I had planned better (and/or known about the land unit requirement), I'm sure I could have gotten a unit halfway around the world in time. Oh well - lessons learned :)

Top Bottom