August 2020 HOF III Update

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
The Civilization III Hall of Fame has been updated. 18 games were accepted since the previous update.

Congratulations to superslug for the highest Firaxis score of the update with a Huge Emperor Cultural 20k game for 11487 points. Given how the pandemic has given everyone time at home to play and superslug has the highest score of all HOF players this summer at the world's biggest Civ-site, the HOF staff has unanimously voted to declare him the Greatest Civilization III Player Of This Decade.

jarred! was the most active player during this update, submitting 9 games. jarred! also won the gauntlet, twice in fact. Stalintag and CKS respectively finished 2nd and 3rd.

Only 2 players were brave enough to take on Sid this update. ignas submitted a 1455 AD Tiny Sid Cultural 20k game for 11118 points. Stalintag submitted a 1842 AD Small Sid Diplomatic game for 3861 points and a 1510 AD Small Sid Spaceship game for 6682 points.

A number of players gained number one positions:
Stalintag with a 1510 AD Small Sid Spaceship game for 6682 points.

jarred! with a 1090 AD Tiny Demigod Spaceship game for 8314 points.

jarred! with a 970 AD Small Emperor Spaceship game for 7929 points.
Takeo with a 1090 AD Standard Emperor Cultural 100k game for 9969 points.

Congratulations to Takeo for rising from 15th to 11th, to AutomatedTeller for rising from 18th to 17th and to Aerinon for rising from 33rd to 32nd in the Quartermasters competition.
Commiserations to bluejay for falling from 11th to 12th, to PrinceMyshkin for falling from 12th to 13th, to SpiffyKeen7744 for falling from 13th to 14th, to Ozymandius for falling from 14th to 15th, to Bartleby for falling from 17th to 18th and to Dianthus for falling from 32nd to 33rd in the Quartermasters competition.

A number of players are working towards the Quartermaster, gaining awards as follows:
Machiavelli : superslug became a full Machiavellian. Svar rose from 17th to 16th, blackhat rose from 18th to 17th, SpiffyKeen7744 rose from 19th to 18th, Scratcher rose from 20th to 19th, archphoenix rose from 21st to 20th, Rustwork rose from 24th to 22nd and CKS rose from 25th to 23rd.
Pentathlon : jarred! became a full Pentathlete. sanabas rose from 11th to 10th, AutomatedTeller rose from 12th to 11th, Nikodemus rose from 13th to 12th and Takeo rose from 24th to 18th. Brennan is no longer a Pentathlete.
Octathlon : sanabas rose from 10th to 9th, Rustwork rose from 26th to 25th and The Professor rose from 53rd to 52nd. Baalzebul is no longer a Octathlete.

If you're still reading this, you can now stop laughing at the idea of me being the GOAT.

No, seriously, stop laughing.

:lol:

Congrats 'slug on picking up this Update's "Holy Cow" Award.......It's been a while since I've seen you in action AND Re-entering the HOF Table to boot!. Congrats to all the other players, with Honorable Mentions to Stalintag, jarred! and Takeo for their Number 1 achievements!! :goodjob::goodjob:

This Coronavirus has been good for the Civ3 World........Hopefully, this will continue after The Virus is long gone! :hug::)

If anyone is using 'next update' as motivation to finish a long game or hit certain goals, you have until 2/13/21 to submit for the next update.

Thanks 'slug for continuing to update the Civ 3 HOF and giving the players over 5 weeks notice of your next update. :thumbsup:

I was hoping to be able to submit a Sid/Tiny/Histographic but, as usual, it's slow-going with the Histographic Victories, especially if you want to produce a score and an end position that will "Stand The Test Of Time." :)

Thanks 'slug for continuing to update the Civ 3 HOF
I'll second this! Thanks superslug for continued updating, given that there are fewer people submitting now.

I was hoping to be able to submit a Sid/Tiny/Histographic but, as usual, it's slow-going with the Histographic Victories, especially if you want to produce a score and an end position that will "Stand The Test Of Time." :)
The last time you mentioned a Histographic game it was an emperor attempt. Is that still in the works?

The last time you mentioned a Histographic game it was an emperor attempt. Is that still in the works?
Oh Yes.....Good Memory! :goodjob: My Emperor game has a Domination Limit of 4512, so it's taking a while to "squeeze" out the maximum number of points. (I.e. I started the game on May 19, 2015 and it should be finished by 2022!....Hopefully, 'slug is not going to retire anytime soon! :lol:)

Eman,
That sounds familiar to me. I frequently set a game aside and come back to it from time to time. The oldest I currently have is June of 2018, but that's only half the time you just posted.:lol: Something to add is I have 25 games going right now.:blush:(I just counted them) Though some of them are only a dozen turns in and it ends up being something to save for later.

Top Bottom