Auto-terraforming mechanic

AgentTBC

Warlord
Which file contains the data to tell Orbis which civs auto-change the climate in their territory? I'd like to tweak it a bit in my game.

Having follower of Leaves religion growing Ancient Forests is fun. Lizard guys auto-deep-jungleing the jungle squares as well. But I'm starting to be a bit less enamored of other civs which can cycle entire climates everywhere in their territory without any effort. Like the Malakim completely terraforming anything they touch into desert. It seems to remove a whole layer of strategic city placement or spell usage since you can just plop down cities like any other civ and watch everything turn Arid with no effort. It's fun expanding into desert knowing that other civs would find your cities practically useless because they can't grow in the desert. And you can always use Scorch to make more desert fairly early in the game, but at least it takes a tiny bit of effort and makes a bit of sense. I dunno, it just feels more fun to me and makes it extra special if I start a game as Malakim and find a decent sized desert nearby.

So is there a way to tweak this easily for myself?

Which file contains the data to tell Orbis which civs auto-change the climate in their territory? I'd like to tweak it a bit in my game.

Having follower of Leaves religion growing Ancient Forests is fun. Lizard guys auto-deep-jungleing the jungle squares as well. But I'm starting to be a bit less enamored of other civs which can cycle entire climates everywhere in their territory without any effort. Like the Malakim completely terraforming anything they touch into desert. It seems to remove a whole layer of strategic city placement or spell usage since you can just plop down cities like any other civ and watch everything turn Arid with no effort. It's fun expanding into desert knowing that other civs would find your cities practically useless because they can't grow in the desert. And you can always use Scorch to make more desert fairly early in the game, but at least it takes a tiny bit of effort and makes a bit of sense. I dunno, it just feels more fun to me and makes it extra special if I start a game as Malakim and find a decent sized desert nearby.

So is there a way to tweak this easily for myself?

Go into XML/Civilizations/CivilizationInfos, search for the Malakim entry, and then find a line titled 'ClimateForm' or something along those lines (Search for Arid, if you can't find it); Delete the line.

Thanks, I got it. Just wasn't sure what file to search.

Considering the same for Illians except it's a lot harder to find a decent ice plain to colonize than a desert.

Top Bottom