automated worker loop

daiboan

Chieftain
I apologize if this is covered somewhere but I couldn't find anything.

I'm playing C3C v1.22. I get automated workers that just won't stop moving which in effect put my game on a permanent loop that this time I couldn't get out of. Basically a worker will get to one point on the map and decide to go to another point to do something. When it gets there it decides it has better things to do back where it started. Rinse, repeat. In Civ III the worker will just keep moving indefinately until it runs out of movement points or something else stops it. Civ II put a limit on this which would be nice to see again.

I can usually interrupt this loop in various ways in game and solve the problem. For instance I'll hit the F3 key and wait for the game to execute that command and bring up my military advisor. I can then wake up a fortified unit which takes precedence over the worker. I then end my turn or find the offending worker(s) and take him off automate.

I know I can obviously manage my workers manually, but when I'm in the mood to play on a huge map thats just not practical. So my question is does anyone know what in game conditions cause the looping automated worker and how to prevent it?

Having it on automated, and having rails. It just happens. That's why you don't automate.

-Nate

Top Bottom