Backup players sorely needed

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
I would like to recruit a few more people to authorize to play the save. No need to be an elected official or anything, I just need someone who has PTW v.1.14f (never patched, or a complete uninstallation to get rid of v.1.21f). Thanks

As part of my Redemption Process, I wish to Volunter for this (Unless I am already in).

I have both Versions of PTW instaled. and I promice that I will look at the save, though it would be good to have some people in incase the Save comes during the Night Owl Shift.

*Phew* Thanks Oct.
I would Recomend Recruiting someone to do the Night Owl Shift incase if Both of Us are asleap. Hmm, Will anyone who is an Civ"Insomiac" Please respond :).

I hope Im still in, but I hate the Night Owl shift. Not to worry though, if it comes during our green hours we dont have to play it right away.

WF444 - I thank you for for Voluntering for a Back up DP :). I just hope that there are people that live around the International Date line that can see this.

Count me in. I'll be happy to sit in when necessary.

I would need to get the e-mail server data so that I can retrieve the game.

I would be the person for the night owl shift, being in another timezone. I can play from about the time the sun is setting over in the US until the first daylight hits the New World.

I just patched up to v 1.21 though. Why cant we use it? is it for the foreign versions? If so, wouldn't the foreign versions only have different civilopaedia.txt files and the like?

@40J Glad to have you aboard :)

@GBM - Glad to have you aboard also :). The reason that we are playing with an old version is simply this, one of out aopnents is the German team (Forgot the forum's name), the Europeans has not yet recived a European Version of the patch yet :).

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
...wouldn't the foreign versions only have different civilopaedia.txt files and the like?
I believe there are a healthy number of fixes, additions and deletions between 1.14f and 1.21f that would make the game vastly different.

GbM, you now have to completely uninstall PTW, reinstall it and 1.14f.

No you dont. Just install 1.14 over 1.21. And than 1.21 over 1.14 when you want to play online and such.

WF, who had the problems with the save being corrupt?

Originally posted by Octavian X
I'd rather see a complete uninstallation, just to be on the safe side.

Unless CG has pm'ed everyone, I'll be sending out the e-mail address info in a few hours.

Maybe we should ask the firaxians. They'd Know if uninstalling it would do the trick.

I have already been through all this :rolleyes: Unfortunately you need a complete uninstall.

Goonie, did you just uninstall the 1.21 patch, or uninstall the patch THEN install the 1.14 patch? That might work.

Maybe we should test it out. I will uninstall the 1.21 patch, then install the 1.14 patch, and send a few savegames to everybody here. I will also try using a 1.21 save game in v 1.14.

There must be an easier way.

Top Bottom