bad multiplayer trading bug

Smote

Emperor
Civ 1.0.3.144

This bug occurred in my last multiplayer game:

When another player offers you a deal, you can modify it and propose it back. However, they don't have to accept the new deal - you can. That means that you can modify the deal to them giving you all their cities and then accept it.

We repeated it 3 times in the game, with each of the remaining players stealing another player's cities without his consent.

my friend did this to me, taking a city. this is complete bs and needs to be fixed. luckily he gave it back but imagine if it was online with random people

I was playing online with my friend and some AI's. Everything was going well until I offered my friend some iron for money. All of a sudden, One of my cities belongs to him. We laugh for awhile and realize how bad this bug really is. You have no control over trades you send anymore, the other play has complete control over you once you send one. This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP or Online is unplayable.

to show how bad this bug is: you can lose all of your cities for 1g without you saying yes to the trade

HOW IT WORKS: You offer a trade, say horses for 5gpt
the person who has every right to do this, modifies it for say. Iron and Horses for 6gpt
BUT: Instead of you getting to accept the change. it automatically sends it back to him so he can accept it without your permission

EXAMPLE: trade sent (1 Horse for 5 Gold)
Person you sent it to gets the trade. Changes it to (5 of your cities for 1 gold)
instead of it asking you if you're okay with this change. he accepts it without you knowing and you just lost 5 of your cities

Moderator Action: As your earlier post notes, this bug has already been reported, so threads merged.

Just going to take the opportunity to report this one again.

I guess right now you just need a gentleman#s agreement not to do it.
Or, just dont make any trade offers ever including peace deals.

Very very abusable.

I've been playing some MP games with BNW recently, and there is something we encountered and i'm asking here to see if this is a known problem or at least has seen it. Its about diplomacy and deals. When someone offers a deal, and the receiver alters it, the first person doesnt always gets a notification of it, but instead its accepted.

For example, i offered a trade between two resources, and the second person altered it to include an embassy. But i only got the notification "deal accepted". When i looked at deal history, it wasnt the same deal as i had offered. I didnt receive any notification of it been altered. And this wasnt the only time this happened. I cant ask the receiver cause he isnt really honest about it i think :p But its also not very relevant. Poit remains is that an altered deal wasnt notified, but just accepted without my approval.

Anyone who can shed some light on this?

I just encountered this problem recently when a friend of mine stole one of my cities in a trade for the lols. If you check the recent yogscast civ series on Duncan's channel, you can see the glitch being exploited there too.

Moderator Action: This bug has been previously reported. Merged with existing thread in Bug Reports.

Top Bottom