Bad Trade Routes

kgavin

Chieftain
I have 8 cities. Some have one trade route and some have two or three. I created wagons to get everything to my home port. I then tried to automate the wagons. What I found is that certain trade routes are ignored.

I first tried to automate the wagons using the automate button. I had some storage bins overflowing. I then deleted the bad trade routes and recreated them. This did not help. I then made more wagons. This did not help either.

I then tried to automate the wagons using the assign trade route button. This brings up a list available trade routes. The bad trade routes were not in the list. This explains why the wagons couldn't find them.

I don't see a pattern. I can have a city with multiple trade routes and all are in the list. I can have a city with multiple trade routes where some are in the list and some are not. I can have a city with one trade route and it is not in the list. The age of the trade route makes no difference. It appears to be random and permanent. Once it happens you have to play the whole game with it.

Hopefully this is an easy fix.

What do you mean by "city trade route"? Cities have "Imports" and "Exports". If you want to import everything into your home city, you have to select all "import" goods in your home town and "export" goods in other cities. After that trade routes have to be assigned to cargo wagons or ships. I'm not sure, how well it works, when you assign several trade routes to one unit, but I always saw all possible selected goods and cities in the list.

A trade route is created when you add an export to one city and add a corresponding import to another city.

So far I have only followed the manual for trade routes (page 38).

It says:

- select 1-2 exports from one settlement
- select same goods as imports from another settlement
- choose wagon to deliver

So a wagon only travels between two cities?

Glee,

It will let you select any two routes on the list. They can be from different cities if you have the need.

All,

I have started a new game to see if I could recreate the problem described in the top post. I was successful. If it is that easy to recreate they can recreate it. If they can recreate it they can fix it. The only question is when.

I have found that cotton and cloth are missing from my trade routes, both fully automated and manually setting up trade routes.

Top Bottom