• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Balance for map size

Willgar

Prince
I normally play small map sizes and the movement ratio's not scaling to size of the map size is my biggest wish list item. If i am not clear, let me explain. On a huge map, 4/5 speed raider cavalry are annoying but are not ruinous as your kingdom is probably big enough to have buffer cities. While on a small map, they can effectively hit your supposedly safe cities in a single turn with almost no counter. It is not a case of sour grapes because playing as the Hippus, i can dominate through high mobility at every level up to immortal, it is just that it makes the game less enjoyable on smaller maps.

I suspect that movement/map size balancing is not a very an important game play aspect for many people so was wondering if a simple mod i could make to turn off the movement line of promotions please.

On small maps, i am quite happy with a fixed ration of infantry/archers/siege at speed 1, scouts at speed 2 and cavalry at speed 3. - could somebody advise as to the changes i would need to make.

a simple mod i could make to turn off the movement line of promotions please.

I'd change the techprereq for PROMOTION_MOBILITY1 from "TECH_HORSEBACK_RIDING" to "TECH_NEVER". (CIV4PromotionInfos.xml)

But in that case, remember not to worldbuilder yourself (or the AI) the 'never' tech.

Top Bottom