Battlefield 3

A picture I saw had a helicopter, so I assumed they were of decent size. Eh, I automatically get it anyway, and I'm just hoping PS3 footage this week will help reduce my buyer's remorse. I'll even trade smaller maps for more destruction. That Arica town was basically one large street and two smaller streets, but I still think it had the best urban combat I've ever played. They will be much bigger on the PC, naturally.

Why guise be hatin on teh Expansion? Come on they're not bad, personally the crossbow and scavenger mode are great ideas, and I'm not a CoD fanboy in fact I hate it but still.

Because I don't approve of EA getting Cowadoody in my Battlefield. The damage is already done, as I see lots of quotes that equate the two. I prefer that it not get worse, i.e. content not focused on decent-sized maps with vehicle action. And seriously, crossbows?! What the hell, I thought BF was above that kind of tacticool crap.

Please define Cowadoody :p. Seriously.
They already had Armored Kill with huge vehicle maps so they made this one which is a mix between Armored Kill and Close Quarters. (In terms of size). Okay maybe crossbows were somewhat stupid in practicality but the rest is still good.

Cowadoody = Call of Duty

Smaller maps are a step back, although they haven't done much to fix problems with vehicles or taken several months to a year to do so as it is so clearly they haven't really been caring about them anyway.

There don't seem to be any servers at all running AM maps anyway though.

Link to video.
Looks like I'm getting some interesting new urban maps. It's like a less linear Tehran Highway (which is a good thing for me) with more verticality (also good). Enough space to drive around a bit. Narrow streets, but that's just the right challenge for a tanker like me. Just disappointed with destruction though.

That's why I have Proximity Scanner. And getting blown up by mines just reminds me to check the roads. I can't pride myself on being a consummate tanker if I can't even handle ambushes in urban terrain.

As expected, the urban combat was fantastic. Markaz Monolith is head and shoulders above the rest. Avenues for pitched tank battles, balanced infantry combat at all ranges, sniping nests counterbalanced by an abundance of cover, and even helicopter engagements. Azadi Palace is next in excellence, and its namesake is the best flag I've ever had to fight on. The other two maps are also pretty good, but less vehicle-oriented so meh. I'm just really impressed by how they've managed to fit in fighting at different distances. More than makes up for the bitter taste in my mouth left by the crossbow.

Shame the new vehicles are so useless. I was hoping the vehicles would survive a little bit more rockets. The mounted grenade launcher is really powerful until you get shot out because of the open canopy. And the wide open windows in the vans are just asking for trouble.

As expected, the urban combat was fantastic. Markaz Monolith is head and shoulders above the rest. Avenues for pitched tank battles, balanced infantry combat at all ranges, sniping nests counterbalanced by an abundance of cover, and even helicopter engagements. Azadi Palace is next in excellence, and its namesake is the best flag I've ever had to fight on. The other two maps are also pretty good, but less vehicle-oriented so meh. I'm just really impressed by how they've managed to fit in fighting at different distances. More than makes up for the bitter taste in my mouth left by the crossbow.

Shame the new vehicles are so useless. I was hoping the vehicles would survive a little bit more rockets. The mounted grenade launcher is really powerful until you get shot out because of the open canopy. And the wide open windows in the vans are just asking for trouble.

I told you the maps would be good. :p

Top Bottom