Be a World-Friend or a China-Friend

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
MSAVs military intelligence and analysis has proven that Russia has created two bilateral defense treaties with America and Aztecs, effectively isolating China on the other continent. MSAV suggests to follow Foreign Affairs advise on committing to a closer defensive relationship with this broad international coalition protecting global order against potential Chinese aggression.
In order to back up potential policies in the region, MSAV call for settling that naval base as soon as possible South of Salzburg, and expect CIA to poll this before next turnchat, something that was not done before, due to fear of Chinas and the China-Friends compassionate response.

However, both Foreign Affairs and Trade may see the need to allow us naval reach in order to be able to save our American brother-city of Bengal against any attempt at Chinese expropriation, as well as the resource center at Heidelburg. We also see aggression for connecting the Chinese enclave at Bombay as a future security risk. MSAV repeats we have no aspirations to conquer more land, only maintain a token base presence in order to be able to stabilize the region preemptively, backing diplomacy with needed force.
The base south of Salzburg is critical for timely reach in the distant Bay of Bengal by Naval Vessels.

The map shows the new alliance system, with potential Chinese incursions marked in red. I have marked our potential bases in the region in Japanatican red, and potential bases with green circles as well as green lines to measure up logistics for response forces. We all know from the Tugela Campaign how fast a conquest goes, 3-4 turns, which is far to quick for the Chinese-friendly, relatively slow "rapid deployment" proposals out there.

Blue is the Continental Alliance and Red is the Alliance of China-Friends.

My main problem is with this. See the following picture and see what is wrong your analysis. Someone else had a similar idea because I saw a picture uploaded that was about the same problem.

Classical Hero, investigate my statement in the FA thread. that will save our 3200 gold deals with Russia and protect our alliance structure.

Provolution said:
Classical Hero, investigate my statement in the FA thread. that will save our 3200 gold deals with Russia and protect our alliance structure.
I am doing that right now. I also found out who did the other pic.

Ginger_Ale said:
Don't be anybody's friend. Stay neutral.
I think that is part of the problem. We have not been active enough in trying to win friends and influencing them. we have been way to idle in the matter of FA way before this ministry's term started.

It is The Problem, our ignorance of foreign politics and confused goodiegoodie neutrality.

The solution to this problem: we shouldn't've settled this city. The only peaceful way I think we can get out of it is by abandoning the city. And I am all for it.

I propose both evacuation and a full war. If we evacuate, surrender the city and ask for safe passage back, negotiating MPP and ROP and maintain the 3200 gold deal, that would be the peaceful outcome. If they accept the MPP, ROP and the gifted city, and then ambush us, we should conquer the Russian Indian East Coast. We could also MPP the other nations for security reasons.

Why don't we take a step back from our prejudices against the AI and have an overview of this situation?

1) CHINA IS NOT OUR ENEMY, I don't know how many times we've been over this, but the MSAV keeps insisting China is a threat, THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING AGAINST US
2) RUSSIA IS NOT OUR FRIEND, self evident by the troop buildup near TBD
3) America, Aztec, and China can help us fight Russia if need be
4) An MPP just for the sake of "punishing" the Russians is not worth it, considering the consequences if our ally decides to go genocidal
5) Our small military is not enough, we need military enlargement
6) Instead of simply abandoning TBD, it may serve us better purpose to gift it, maybe to the Romans
7) STOP DRAWING WAR PLANS WITHOUT ANY INTEL - this happened during the Zulu war, and the consequence was we were outgunned and outmatched, perhaps this time around FA and MSAV will cooperate and investigate target cities before war breaks out

This was one of the stupidest ideas from the start. I think its hilarious that you all thought this would work without it blowing up.

And Provo, stay out of FA's juristiction. He decides who is our friend and who is our enemy, not you. You just attack when he tells you.

I am just preparing a plan around the troop build-up. That is all.
I will let FA do its work. However, Nobody has inherited an Isolationist FA over centuries, so FA will now face a major dilemma. I will now let you work out a peaceful solution, but prepare war plans for Russia. I will not accept that 3 vocal persons create a situation where we need to stop TC due to war declaration, but will discuss war objectives here.

You're always supposed to stop a chat when war is declared. Last time they didn't the game fell apart or something like that. Because its generally good to plan when you know what you're up against, which is still before, because we can stop the chat. We can do it, and it works better to draw up plans when you need them instead of ages before, which is why I said I'd do that. When I said "I won't do deleted until we get a war" I meant I won't go around planning things until we know what we'll actually be up against.

Provolution said:
I propose both evacuation and a full war. If we evacuate, surrender the city and ask for safe passage back, negotiating MPP and ROP and maintain the 3200 gold deal, that would be the peaceful outcome.

Too bad the AI doesn't think like that.... Once the war RNG triggers (and it's probaby greatly influenced by the fact that we're sapping 370gpt from them), there's no stopping it. The fact that they were wandering around there for atleast 2 turns seems like that RNG was triggered. When did the Russians active trade deals expire? (you can see that in the F4 screen).

Chieftess said:
Too bad the AI doesn't think like that.... Once the war RNG triggers (and it's probaby greatly influenced by the fact that we're sapping 370gpt from them), there's no stopping it. The fact that they were wandering around there for atleast 2 turns seems like that RNG was triggered. When did the Russians active trade deals expire? (you can see that in the F4 screen).

If that's the case we can make them regret declaring war on us and not waste a single unit.

Top Bottom