Beginner Team Game

Eden

Chieftain
I'm wondering if anyone wants to try a team game, either against the AI or against another team.

I've been playing offline games recently, but still on beginner difficulty levels. I've been playing on Warlord difficulty recently and planning to move up to Noble, if I win my current game, so my skill level isn't great yet. I've been getting the highest scores by quite a bit, but I got beaten to the science and culture victory before I could get a time victory the last two times.

I'm in the GMT timezone.

I like playing in teams, but I have not got much time these days. If you can elaborate a bit, I might be interested.

I can make a league for team games on the site www.civmultiplayer.com where about 70 players are registered. There is a very good chance that we can organize such a game pretty easy - with or without my participation.

Can you host the game? It is important that you know how this is done - it requires a somewhat open internet connection to avoid problems.

Anyway, if you find this idea interesting, feel free to register at www.civmultiplayer.com or just check out the site. It is meant to be a place where players organize games.

I'll take a look at that site. I'm actually not sure if I can host or not, it might be a problem since I'm behind a router. I've not tried before with Civ IV.

As for elaboration, I'm pretty new to this, so I don't know all the details you might want. I was thinking of a short 'live' game, all players arranging to be on for the same few hours at least, rather than one of the slower options. Game options could be negotiated.

Well I am also behind a router - but many routers have built-in firewalls and it is sometimes necessary to open up some ports to allow connections.

We normally play 4-4½ hour games. A little can also do it - or a max of 150 turns as they do (I think) on the Civplayers ladder. Pangeae is always good as a map :)

Hi there!
I'd like to join your team game!
New to MP games, but comfortable at Noble/Prince level.

I'm at GMT+1

Hey guys

I'm relatively new to civilization 4 and would really love to do some multiplayer games with people in a team environment to really learn about how to play civilization games.

I'm really up for doing this just so I can learn and have lots of fun

I am timezobe GMT

We have only played a few team games on CivMultiplayer.com, but I might start a league for team-only games - interested? However, it does included that somebody will host the games and send me a battle report or report themselves :) I cannot participate in all the games on the site :)

Top Bottom