Being aggressive diplo with the AI: worth it?

JustinianIV

Warlord
Playing on Emp or Immort, is it worth it being aggressive diplomatically with the AI?

I feel like I never denounce (unless one turn before I DoW) and I never say "get over it" or "My spies/missionaries will do what they like". If I get caught spying, I am apologetic. If I catch them spying I always forgive them and look the other way.

I just feel like the civs around me are all juggernauts as it is and I don't want to get on any of their bad sides. Basically, positive diplo is so important, so why use negative diplo?

Exceptions come later in the game once ideologies hit if they are on the other end of the planet and they pose no threat.

Denouncing a civ that's being denounced by everyone else is usually a very good idea on Immortal+. You'll get positive modifiers with the other civs who've denounced him. From there you can usually do a "Mongols vs the world" scenario where you befriend everyone but that civ since you all share a common enemy. From there you can pay nearby civs to DOW him for trivial amounts of gold, gpt, strategic resources, diplo votes, etc. I do this all the time in Deity. Paying civs to war with each other is awesome.

Just don't denounce anyone unless 3 or more other civs are also denouncing him. Makes no real sense otherwise.

Those responses aren't negative. They are merely statements of intention. It's your actions that generate positive or negative modifiers. If you say you'll stop spying but they catch you at it again, you'll get a worse modifier. If you're planning on continuing the offensive activity, it's best to cop to it if they confront you.

Denouncing can be really nice for bringing the world together in a big hug of peace and love except for the guy everyone hates who isn't invited to the hug fest.

Denouncing can be really nice for bringing the world together in a big hug of peace and love except for the guy everyone hates who isn't invites to the hug fest.

Which are pretty much always Alex and Khan, with Napoleon being there from time to time.

I don't remember the game where Alex was friend with anyone for a long time. :lol: He likes him neighbors until he gets six or seven hoplites. :lol:

Which are pretty much always Alex and Khan, with Napoleon being there from time to time.

Dont forget the Zulu and Ashurbainpal in BNW. Theyare hated sooooo much.

Top Bottom