[BELOW MIN SPECS]Can't Run Demo on DirectX 10/11! (Intel GMA 3100)

robothat

Chieftain
I downloaded the demo, installed, no problem, I had steam already.
I can run it fine on DirectX9, as in the game runs, but...it looks like crap. :/
The text is all scrambled and weird looking, textures on less-than-minimum settings it looks like...awful.
The intro worked fine btw and looks beautiful on my comp, with minimal skipping, like very little at all.

I downloaded DirectX10, as I didn't have it on this comp (it's a laptop, not my main desktop) and when I try to run the CiV demo on DirectX10/11 as you can select, it doesn't work; just tries to connect to steam and then crashes with a windows crash...really weird.

So, I'm thinking based on my limited knowledge of computers and graphics...that it's either my specs aren't up to snuff, OR that this is just a problem with the demo and I should be good when I get the full game.
I think I meet minimum requirements on everything, I don't really understand how videocard specs work though, if anyone can help please? :)

Processor: IntelCore Duo 2.00GHz
RAM: 3GB
System: 32bit OS

I don't know where to find my videocard...it's just the one this laptop came with...it's the Dell Inspiron1525 if that helps?
Sorry I can't give more info. :/
Thank you everyone! I've played since Civ III and am very eager to get on this!

Your video card IS crap, you are lucky that it runs at all, in any DX mode :D
Sorry, but on the hardware side that thing is WAY below minimum specs, and has abysmally bad drivers to boot.
Did you update to the latest drivers? Might help a bit, but don't expect anything even near decent looking AND playable.

Compared to that, the rest of the system is fine, but that probably won't help you.

Oh ok thank you.
Yeah on my desktop I can run all the Orange Box games and Civ IV fine, at pretty high frame rate and decent graphics, but it's just so full memory-wise I wanted to try the laptop before seeing if it was necessary to get more memory for the desktop.

Thank you!

Top Bottom