Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Cure for Cancer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Women's Suffrage

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • United Nations

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Pyramids,for sure.I like the Apollo Program for its ability to let you see that tiny enemy city you are looking for so desperately ;)

... just subscribed to vote the pyramids... :egypt:
my next faves are
collosus
&
(if i got time and money enough to build this too)
the Great Library

if i could mange to build these 3 first, i mostly win the game easily.

You all say pyramids. I don't think the pyramids are that usefull. I play despotism and then shift to Monarchy. So I don't need it. Therefore I choose Manhattan Project. If you don't, you can't build nukes!

the colossus is very usefull for your science rating especially with copernicus observatory also in that city
Pyramids are also usefull, but only after you've build women suffrage, because I always change into a rupublic

Hmmm... yes but the Colossus is "outruled" very early in the game. Copernicus is very superbly designed. Womens Suffrage I use, but not for Republic, just because i always use monarchy and despotism.

That would be Women's Suffrage for me. With it you can have war at Republic without any problem. :)

I never build the Pyramids, as I like to play either despotic conquest (no need to change the type of government there) or hi-tech conquest (switch to republic early - it's easy to develop - and then stick with it).

For a nice game of hi-tech conquest, Women's Suffrage is a must, and the Hoover Dam sure helps, too.

My vote goes to WomSuff, though I always build Bach, too.

J.S. Bach. What does it do again? I dont know I just build wonders. All of them!

The Pyramids give a player an incredible and permanent advantage. Nothing else comes close.

I like the Collosus

anyway - voted Collossus
I have to say it depends on what kind of game and strategy I am using...
or variant even...

The Pyramids are useless in my opinion.. It is not more than normal to reach 'Republic' between 3000 and 2000 BC. So I don't need the Pyramids.

That is fast enough. Therefor I want to build settlers and cities..

I've chosen for Copernicus Observatory because of the doubling of the city's science rate. (I usually combine Colosus. Copernicus and Newton in one city..

Allways had a soft spot for Collossus. It gives you a cheap way to boost a city really well and can help in whatever game you play.

As in every civ game if you have lots of trade arrows you can't go wrong, as they control almost everything, the winner is invariablly the once who accumilates the most trade, and if a cheap wonder helps boost this early on then all the better. I allways find the Pyrimids too expensive that early on unless I get a really good city placement.

Wonders don't mean as much later in the game... its the early wonders that count.

only 5 for darwins? thats kinda surprising i thought that gave me the biggest advantage in semi-modern time scientific research

undefinedPersonally I like the lighthouse for early ships, darwin's for the quick discovery, and then the SETI for it's science boost. I just launched my first spaceship since I started playing again after an 8 year break. SETI was the only way to get that far since it was a rush rush to launch before I "retired".

Top Bottom