best civ4 bts3.19 on mac lion EVER!!!

I fixed the font problem by copying sylfaen.ttf from the Civ4 assets folder to the Windows fonts folder.

thanks. mac users's should look more like what follows, because you didn't change the 2K Games path;p:
cp ~/Applications/Wineskin/civ4bts319.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program\ Files/2K\ Games/Firaxis\ Games/Sid\ Meier\'s\ Civilization\ 4\ Complete/Assets/res/Fonts/sylfaen.ttf ~/Applications/Wineskin/civ4bts319.app/Contents/Resources/drive_c/windows/Fonts/

i'm definitely using this, though. thanks:goodjob:

I have another problem. How do I take screenshots in this environment and how do I minimize the game window from within the game? The normal shortcuts (command+shift+3 and command+m) don't work.

if you can stand playing in a window, normal osx screenshots will function: cntr-shft-4 then press space bar to capture a window.

from: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-7592_102-12105/how-do-i-print-screen-on-a-pc-with-a-mac-keyboard/
and here: http://neverblog.net/get-print-screen-scroll-lock-and-break-on-an-apple-keyboard-in-windows-xp/
January 22, 2003
Todd Miller is using an Apple Pro USB keyboard on a Windows machine, and found a way to remap the F13, F14, and F15 keys so that they act as the Windows Print Screen, Scroll Lock, and Break functions. His method involves creating a text with registry information.

I use my Apple brand USB keyboard with a USB KVM switch to control both my Macs and a PC. It works great, except I was missing the Print Screen key because the Mac sends an F13 instead of Print Screen. I came across this registry edit that will map the F13-F15 to their PC counterparts. I have tested this on my Windows 2000 machine and I think it should also work on XP. This allows the user to press F13 on the Mac keyboard and have Windows receive a Print Screen command instead of F13.

Follow these instructions In order to map the F13-F15 keys on an Apple USB keyboard to the functions, Print Screen, Scroll Lock, and Break commonly found on PC keyboards:

1. On your PC, copy the following lines into a text file.

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]

"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,04,00,00,00,46,E0,5F,00,46,00,5E,00,37,E0,5D,00,00,00,00,00

2. Rename the text file remap.reg.

3. Double click on the file remap.reg and answer yes to the question about adding the information to the registry.

4. Reboot.

Function keys are now remapped to their PC equivalents.

i will test this soon. there is a regedit app contained inside your wineskin if you want to risk it;p

update: out of luck. if anyone out there knows about regedit, please comment. but, i tried a bunch of different changes, and couldn't even crash anything, so i'm not sure that registry changes are going to fix this, even if i was doing it right.

i also tried some osx keymappers. no dice. also some windows keymappers from inside wine, but couldn't build the right dependencies. i don't think these functions are supported by wine, either way.

Spoiler :
Print Screen: \UF72E
The default key bindings are stored in:

/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Resources/StandardKeyBinding.dict

Unfortunately, this file is XML and is very painful to read. You shouldn’t touch this file anyway, and you should make your modifications by creating the file:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict

where USERNAME is the name of your user account. If the KeyBindings directory doesn’t exist then you should create it. Note that the file name differs between the system default (StandardKeyBinding.dict) and the user override (DefaultKeyBinding.dict).

The non-XML file format is basically key / action pairs:

/* ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict */
{
"KEY1" = "ACTION1"; /* Bind KEY1 to ACTION1 */
"KEY2" = "ACTION2"; /* Bind KEY2 to ACTION2 */
}

An example is shown below:

/* ~/Library/KeyBindings/DefaultKeyBinding.dict */
{
"^f" = "moveWordForward:"; /* Ctrl-f = next word */
"^b" = "moveWordBackward:"; /* Ctrl-b = previous word */
"^v" = "pageUp:"; /* Ctrl-v = page up */
"\UF729" = "moveToBeginningOfLine:"; /* Home = start of line */
"^\UF729" = "moveToBeginningOfDocument:"; /* Ctrl-Home = start of doc */
}

also looked through this
Have a look at ..\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Assets\XML\Units. The hotkeys are spread out over CIV4AutomateInfos.xml, CIV4BuildInfos.xml, CIV4ControlInfos.xml, CIV4MissionInfos.xml, CIV4PromotionInfos.xml and CIV4UnitInfos.xml.

Top Bottom