Best strategy for modern d-day?

I'm playing a huge world map and want to win by conquest. I realize I'm playing at a low level but my invasion plan is...

Don't let them get anywhere near high tech...

transports with Modern Armor only...

take and destroy all cities that don't have the wonders I want...

use workers to build railroads and leapfrog units forward.

win.

Take advantage of a bug in the game that allows you to improve to railroads on the same turn you take a city. Move a worker then a military unit on the next to your existing line in (formerly) enemy space. Pillage the road and rebuild it with the worker. You can now continue the railroad as far as the next border.

My most effective D-day strategy does not invove navy or airforce. I do not have the patience to build those 200 shields Battle ships.

This is what I do:

1) Enter a nice peace agreement with the AI on the other continent.

2) Buils up a massive and potent land invasion force about 50 Modern Armors and 50 artillaries. I capture a lot of artillaries from fighting the AI's on my own continent. And build some settlers.

3) build 13 transports and ship your invasion force and settlers to your victim's continent.

4)Upon landing on his shore, enter a "Right of Passage" agreement, you can normally achieving this by offering a ridicuous amout of gold per turn(200-500). You most likely will only pay this amout for 1 turn anyway.

5) Land all you forces and position them around all the enermy cities. Do a investigate on his biggest cities and check out the defensive force. most likely u need 4-5 MA and 5-6 artillary for each majoy city. AI mostly put 2-3 Mech infantry in each city.

6) Next turn, declare way which nullify all the gold-per-turn agreements you have :D

7) Take over all his cities, Game over!

If he has many more cities, most likely he will sue for peace(i think the magic number is you take at least 6 majoy cities in one turn), trade some of your captured city with others so you get cities in perfect shape and no need to worry about any defection :D

If you do this, it will take less then 50% of the combined shields needed for an invasion involve a navy and take just few turns to achieve victory.

And NO WAY WEARINESS as the AI will beg you for peace when it sees itself as weak compare to you!

This strat should apply to all levels as i have only played Deity level.

My record by using the above strategy is taking 14 AI cities on the other continent in 1 turn.

Then:

1) The computer begged for peace.

2) In return for a peace agreement, I traded 3 of his largest captured cities for 8 smaller cities with Barracks and some other developments(and happy citizens with my own nationality lol), and all the gold he had. So I established instant ground base on his continent.

3) Since I traded the 3 largest cities back to the AI, those cities were defenseless, so I could easily take them back the next turn.

4) I used my settlers/works I brought along or captured to found new cities if there is still good spot left, build RR to connect to the rest of his cities.

5)It's all down hill for that AI from then on. I eliminated a strong AI in about 3 turns.

6) Never experienced any WW, cause any war only last 1-2 turns. Computer will always accept peace agreement if you take 3+ of his cities in one turn/killed enought of his exposed units.

As Sun Tze often said, a fighting army would never get weary of using deceit. Just go out and exploit the hell out of that AI :D

By Destroying ememy oil sources they are virtually exposed to their enemy (which would be you:) ) If they aregetting an oil source from them then destroy the people they're getting it from:die!: :nuke: Keep in mind remeber to use stealth bombers otherwise this idea will be a waste of time to read:( .

attacking with Right of Passage in force makes other civs mad, so don't do it early in game. you can keep those cities you take by fortifying a couple of armor beside the city. if it reverts, there is only 1 unit, so you take it back and get more gold (if he has any). i like to use my bombers off carriers and destroyers to destroy his navy. razing cities also makes others mad.

I still haven't figured out why people use destroyers. They're so much weaker than battleships and don't come much earlier to make a big difference. They are a bit cheaper, but usually a 1 turn difference.
Same with AEGIS cruisers. I find them useless. Their stats are weaker than the battleship also and they come so late.

Another, less costly, strategy:

Fill a transport with armor and mech inf. and a second, preferably, with a mix of mech inf and armor but mostly arty. :tank:

Move your transport with a sub out in front to 'test the waters' and keep a couple Battleships and a couple lesser units (destoyer or sub) on the same tile as transport (stack them and move them together); this will provide great defense. :smoke:

Drop units on a MOUTAIN tile of enemy terrain near some imporant cities or hills is needbe. (Hopefully this will be near the coast). Stack units and begin arty bombardment of enemy terrain if you have it; if not, stay there and maybe strike out to pillage. This willl do two things: distract enemy and cause them to waste resources. What you want is an enemy assault on your position. With mech inf. on mountains you will be very very difficult to dislodge and will cost them. :groucho:

This will also give you time to build a second mechanized division of attackers and attack at another of the enemy's fronts. When attacking, move your tanks from the defensive highground to now attack the enemy or move through his terrain, bypassing cities, and helping your second force. Or simply attack nearby cities and force him to fight a 2-front war. If you capture cities, raze them. Its hard to annex with this strategy unless one of the fronts is close to your homeland. In this case, move mech. inf to defend your cities and your artillery. From captured cities, artillery can begin bombarding the next target sometimes or atleast help against a counterattack.

This works best when u have battlefield medicine to repair as the enemy attempt to use arty to dislodge you. Also, a worker or two sent with your force to build a fortress on the mountain/hill will ensure even better defense.
[punch]

I've used this well and it works as well as any other strategy but i use it w/out the massive screening fleet. I have a sub in front to check for units w/out being spotted and my force is stacked so it is less likely to be spotted. Large naval formations reveal your intentions and targets!!! ;)

I know if i saw 30 battleships and 3 AC all headed toward one city, id begin rushing units there. Naval units move slow enough so if they change targets, u can too. Feigning is difficult; move with stealth and with power... stack your power and keep a low profile. :yinyang:

All are excellent strategies. And some good points of caution too, especially keeping a tab on other civilizations' opinions of you. The most painless way to get into a war against an opponent is to sign a defensive alliance with his enemy. Since war is almost continuous, this is guaranteed to get you fighting shortly, and if you deploy your amphibious force before this, then you are cooking! Apart from your victim's possible allies, you will not suffer from bad world opinion. Just make sure these allies are not on your border!

Another problem with backstabbing is a nuclear response. I once backstabbed the Indians, and that so-called peacemonger Ghandi released all his nukes on my cities. My capital got reduced to a smouldering heap (yes I had SDI, but it cant stop all 20 nukes!).

AS for amphibious assults, the airport startegy is my favorite too. Either reduce the first city to a pop of 2 by bombardment, or raze it and use a settler. If you took care of your industry, you should be producing tens of MA per turn. So a nice constant supply of armor should keep the offensive going. Even if captured cities revert, there are more MA in the rear echelons to take them again. The first city, in the meantime, gets a barracks, to heal all your elite units (hopefully, you have an army by then. That's wars are good for - leaders). Steamroll him. Even on Emperor, the AI is helpless.

If you build and/or rushed POlice Stations and have all the luxuries, war weariness doesn't become a factor. I withstood 20 turns at war with a democracy, with minimal war weariness.

Hey, I think your strategies are somewhat wrong..
To begin a D-Day invasion on a large scale map you need:

1.) Defintitely more than 24 modern armor etc, if dealing with a large enemy.

2.) Dont build the loosy destroyers, just build some battleships (4) and some carriers (5-6), they will handle the job more effectively. Move in Stack, why not??? Easier to defend.

3.) 5-10 Mech Inf. to cover your modern armors.

4.) 8 Marines are enough against Infantry but not against 2-3 veteran mech inf, even if there is a small city.

5.) Rush build a Airport to fly in reinforcements!

6.) Dont use Artillery, to slow and to often "bombardement failure" Also you need several units to protect them. Avoid.

7.) Use their captured workers ahead of you, reducing their counter attack strenght.

The invasion I'm planning is huge. It involves hitting two small continents simultaneously. I'm planning on using upwards of 60 tanks total. Not to mention the bombers, naval bombardment, cruise missiles, and nukes..

I'm a rotten lousy despot in this particular game, so that means a ton of forced labor. bwahahaha..

I still have a lot of building to do, though. I haven't even got Fission yet.

The reason I'm going for such overwhelming force is that this is the last civ standing, and when I start the war my economy will go south in a hurry because I'm losing all that trade! So I want to finish the game up before my treasury turns to dust!

I'll let you guys know how Armageddon turns out :goodjob:

Originally posted by Airness
. . .
4)Upon landing on his shore, enter a "Right of Passage" agreement, you can normally achieving this by offering a ridicuous amout of gold per turn(200-500). You most likely will only pay this amout for 1 turn anyway.

5) Land all you forces and position them around all the enermy cities. Do a investigate on his biggest cities and check out the defensive force. most likely u need 4-5 MA and 5-6 artillary for each majoy city. AI mostly put 2-3 Mech infantry in each city.

6) Next turn, declare way which nullify all the gold-per-turn agreements you have :D

7) Take over all his cities, Game over! . . .

Wow.

Jesus. Is the AI so out to lunch it would permit massive numbers of enemy troops to march around their territory due to a RoP?!?
I guess so. That's why I'd never do it; sort of makes a mockery of the game.

Most importantly---CUT RAIL LINES! My first newbie mistake was not to do this...I lost about 10-20 tanks this way. If you don't, the AI instantatniously sends most of their defensive army on you...then you're in trouble.

I don't really go for blitzkrieg, I like slow and methodical. I first destroy all roads leading to capitol OR all roads leading to resources. Then I destory all roads leading to the city I plan to use as beachhead. Launch the invansion, take the city, and repeat for each city thereafter.

Probably the most fun thing in the game (for me, at least) is the post-win war. I love it! After I win, I set ALL my cities to military production (this means about 20 tanks every 5 turns or so) and take over the world one by one. I also backstab and stuff to do it, because I already won, so I don't care about my rep.

I could be wrong in your games, but I have NEVER needed defense for my transports. I usually build a LOT more than anyone else seems to, also I don't bother to build artillery, the only time I have them is if I capture them. A mass of about 10 transports filled with modern armour, which is really not that hard to get, has always done the trick.
What is the point of razing cities? Maybe if you don't stand a chance in the war it could be useful, but otherwise keeping those cities can be a huge advantage. You can use them as a shield to protect your main cities, as a staging ground for your next offensive, give you access to tons of resources (which you can trade;) ) and can piss off the computer to no end.
By the time you are able to build them, MA should only take UP TO 4 turns, so you should have your entire attacking force in just 8 turns or so.
I had never thought about this, but this game shows how blitzkreigs work. You take (or raze) a city which puts the next city just two squares from its border, MA have three movement so you take it over, which puts the next city just two squares...
I took over something like 47 cities from 5 cultures, destroying three cultures in the process, all in just three turns. But that did take about 100 MA

Here's what I find works: One, maby two transports loaded with the best fast offensive unit avialiable (Cav, Armor, or Modern Armor), but also one settler. You are still at peace at this point, so land on the shore and build a city on the site, then rus buy a harbor. This comes in handy as it is likely the site closest to your homeland, for reenforcement purposes. You have already gone to a war footing and built a large rail network in your area, so units are quickly produced and transfered around to the port nearest the enemy land, then transported across. In this period it is a good idea to send over a couple of defensive units. After five or six trips, you proably have enough troops "over there" to begin an attack.

NEVER HOLD CAPTURED CITIES. Disband them, and use the captured workers to build a railroad network in the conqured lands (This is the primary reason you brought those defenders. Use them to protect the workers from being recaptured). Have a central artery, then the workers from each city build towards the central line. One they reach it, they imeadiatly move to the only city left standing, that port you built. Keep the transports ferrying troops to the battlefield, and taking back the workers. If you have yet to fully improve your homeland, they work great. If not, then they are at least out of harms way. Foreign workers are much less troublesome once the nation they came from is destroyed, so then you can use the workers to boost your domestic population. Or, after victory, produce settlers to found cities in the conqured lands. Then, the workers can improve all that new territory and add on to the new cities, resulting in fair size cities (6) just dropping right in the middle of the map.

Also, this rail network allows quick movement of the new forces to the front. If you really get rolling, the rate of replacement may out pace loss, and the army in the field grows. Either way, the rail network in the conqured lands helps get units where they are needed when they are needed.

As addressed before, oncee you beat the one civilization, pause. I usually play on those real world maps, so the invasion of either the Asia/Europe/Africa or the North/South America "super-continents" usually sets me up to take on several powers. Only take out one, then rest. The new land will be semi-improved, and the captured workers soon finish the job. move in your settlers to repopulate the area, and build up there. Once this is done, you now not only have a couple of cities producing units for the push inland on the continent, but a large, well developed industrial center that can still send troops at an enourmous rate. Finally, you have a good rail system, so that you can get those troops around fast.

Performing a landing operation is a very important part of CivIII. There are five essential concepts of modern D-day, in my humble opinion.

I. PLANNING

You should prepare for invasion before the war is declared. Use your embassies and spies to learn about your rival's forces. The best target for attack is a small town without walls on a tundra or plains guarded by a spearman or pikeman, but not a fortified metropolis on hills guarded by scores of MI or a mountain fortress.
A turn before the war begins (by your or his declaration of war), you ate to have transports and war vessels stacked together just a square away from enemy's borders.

II. MULTIDIRECTIONAL LANDING

Your forces should be landed at the different locations on the map. For example, we are playind a standard World Map. Our aim is to capture Africa. The first strike team attacks Mediterranean coasts of North Africa, another team lands from the side of Atlantics, and third unloads at South Africa. It causes our enemy to spread his forces. Total pressure on our guys is minimized, Africa is captured.

III. AIRCRAFT DEPLOYMENT

As soon as you have a city in the enemy country, you can deploy aircraft from your mainland. Planes provide excellent support for your soldiers. The advantage of using this method to using carriers is that a city can provide space for unlimited number of aircraft, when a carrier takes only four planes on board. After another city is captured, you rebase these aircraft to this city (to bombard next targets).

IV. RATIONAL USAGE OF TRANSPORTS

After invasion has succesfully unloaded, a lot of empty transports appear just ashore. Usually, those vessels are just lingering near hostile coasts without bringing you any use. But you have to make them work! When a leader appears, send him to your mainland to form an army or hurry a Wonder. Workers are also are to be loaded on ships and send to your country (to improve your terrain and to prevent recapturing). After the leader or workers are unloaded, the vessels can be used to transport reinforcements for your landed forces.

V. LANDING SUPPORT

A large amount of battleships (20-30) covered by 6-7 subs can solve all the problems with coastal support. When you have captured a city, you can send there a superior air force. And, certainly, artillery, radar artillery and cruise missiles must be loaded in a transport. Also, you can capture artillery units from your enemy.
And, to finish my solutions, some words about nukes.
Nuke is an easy way to destroy or seriously damage an enemy units or a city. Using nukes will head you to a fast victory without hard efforts (especially if your rivals are not technologically advanced). Nukes can be installed on a sub to support your landing operation.
But, nukes have some disadvantages.
1.) Nuclear attacks spoil your reputation.
2.) Nukes are expensive to spare them as dirt.
3.) Nukes cause pollution and turn fertile lands to a barren wasteland.

Here's my d-day:
I stack 3-4 battleships with 2-3 carriers with stealth bombers, nothing like some softing up.

4 transports full of modern armor and 2 transports of mech and 5 workers. Additional transports bring over a few more workers later.

I keep the first port city, build an airport first to fly in additional armor. With my workers, I add them to the city. By adding my citizens, it lowers the rebellion odds. then after the airport i build a temple, library etc. all culture. i don't plan on using that city for armor production. this city is my foothold.

if i capture a radar artillary, i disband it to build the airport more quickly.

as i expand, i raze the smaller cities and keep a few of the larger ones.

if the captured citizens are in risk of being recaptured, i kill em. otherwise, i disband them in the cities.

When i am have taken enough cities without spreading myself too thin, and I want to end the war (but the other country won't receive your envoy), I sent out about 5 mech units to just pillage.

that usually gets their attention.

When I go for a D-Day landing on an enemy it is truly a sight to behold. ;) I play on huge maps always, so its pretty funny seeing my 150+ MA just completely overwhelm all opposition. ;)

Darkadder put a pretty good post up on a strategy that uses marines... the only continent invading strategy I've seen that uses this useful unit.

Assuming you don't have huge stacks of carriers, bombers, and Modern Armor...this is a strategy I have successfully used to invade the AI continent in the late industrial or modern era. To keep it simple, I'll discuss these ideas conceptually, rather than giving lots of hard numbers.

The strategy is designed to seize and maintain the initiative from the opening round of the war, which *I* initiate, usually with that first attack from the sea. The basic idea is to hit the AI fast, and hard, in that opening round. (Darkadder and I agree here...)

These are the basic goals of these tactics:

1) Take, and hold, a coastal city in the AI territory, on that first turn.
2) Take, and hold, at least one inland city in the AI territory, again, on that first turn.
3) On the second turn, move significant quantities of follow-on forces, to maintain the initiative.

There are 3 basic ground units (or unit types) I use:

1) Marines
2) Good defensive units (Infantry or Mech)
3) Fast offensive units (Modern Armor, Tanks, even Cavalry)

While you can play with the numbers or augment this strategy, the absolute MINIUMUM invasion force would be one transport each of Marines, Infantry, and Tanks. If you use Cavalry, load 2-3 transports of cav to substitue for 1 transport of tanks. The choice between tanks versus cav is one of range and speed for hitting that second, interior city (unless you've got Modern Armor or Panzers). The more transports of fast units, the better. Of course, these basic ground units may be augmented by artillery, if you like - but it's not fundamental to the strategy.

The most important naval unit for this strategy is the transport. You almost can't have too many of these. I'll use enough Destroyers and/or Battleships to cover the transports. While an aircraft carrier or two with bombers can be used to "soften up" the initial invasion point, there's a downside to this that I'll discuss shortly.

This strategy requires a bit of forethought, planning, and prepositioning of forces. This includes the following:

1) Identify that first target city. This will be a coastal city, preferably a smaller one, with a harbor. The harbor is important!

2) Identify an interior city within striking distance of this coastal city. By "striking distance", assume you have a already have that stack of fast attack units stationed in the coastal city; you should be able to attack the interior city IN THE SAME TURN. Assume a 9-square radius around the coastal city. If you will have to cross 2 enemy squares to hit that city, you'll need lots of Cav or Modern Armor (or Panzers or Cossacks). If there's a city that you can hit after crossing only one enemy square, it's a great target for Tanks!

3) Position 1-3 transports within range of that first coastal city - even before you can build Marines or Tanks... By "within range", assume you already own that coastal city, and these transports are full. You should be able to move the transports into the city and UNLOAD them IN the city (in one turn). This position must be outside the cultural boundaries of the target.

4) Position "convoys" of transports from one of your ports to these forward transports. The idea is to be able to move one "boatload" of ground units to the forward position in a single turn. (The mechanics of the "one turn" trans-oceanic move should be discussed elsewhere on this site). If you can build a 2-3 deep convoy, that's fine, but the basic idea is to be able to move one transport load of follow-on forces across the ocean in a single turn, and to do it each turn until you can't fill a boat at the back end.

Okay, we've done our planning and reconnaissance, pre-positioned our forces. For whatever reason, it's time to wage war against that AI across the sea. It's time to...

SEND IN THE MARINES!

First, I move the transport(s) containing Marines to the square adjacent to the coastal city. I wake 'em up, and attack from the sea. Usually the marine that kills the last defender will be down to a hit point or two... I'll then move the transport into the city, unload a fresh marine or two, and fortify them IN the city.

Next I grab the transport full of defenders (Infantry or Mech), move that transport into the city, and UNLOAD it. I then position (and fortify) the defenders in the squares NEXT to the city, not within it. My goal here is to form a perimeter AROUND the city I've just taken. An artillery piece under each infantryman isn't bad, and 2 infantrymen and an artillery piece make a pretty tough perimeter. This gives me a good defense for the city, and a pre-positioned counterattack in case of a culture flip. The 2 or 3 marines I've stationed in the city provide a little more than a mere token defense in case the enemy counterattack breaks through my perimeter. These 3 units will also quell resistance in a few turns, allowing me to "buy" some culture (Temple and Cathedral) to prevent a culture flip.

For the final phase of the initial attack, I move the fast attack units into the coastal city, and UNLOAD them, with all their movement points intact. I then attack, and take, that inland city. If I can get some additional defenders in there after I take it, I will. I will try to leave one or two decent attack units along the perimeter of that coastal city, in case of a culture flip. If you've got enough fast units to take more cities, then by all means do so...

The AI's next turn will determine how well you've planned and executed your invasion, and whether or not you've underestimated your enemy. He/she will throw most of what they've got at you in the counterattack that will ensue. If the coastal city culture flips, you'll face one regular infantry/rifleman, plus maybe a conscript or two at most. If the AI recaptures the city militarily, you'll probably face more than that... If you can hold that coastal city for the next turn, you've bloodied their noses pretty good. If you hold both cities for the next turn, you've rocked him back on his heels a good one. If you hold both and take another city on your next turn, and hold on to these cities through the second turn of the war, then the outcome of the whole war is probably decided.

My convoys of transports will allow me to move and unload one full transport of Tanks or Modern Armor into his territory for the next 3-5 turns. By then I should have reached the turning point in the war. While using an airport has its merits, you have to wait until the next turn to actually USE the units (and risk losing them in a culture flip.)

These are my thoughts on invading an AI continent. Additional commentary is below. I welcome feedback on this.

=====

A note on bombardments:

While I'm sure there are those on the board who would advocate using carriers and bombers to pummel that first city down to a population of one, I prefer not to, for the following reasons:

1) All of the city improvements will usually be destroyed in the process. While you won't capture a city with its cultural improvements intact, if you capture a city with a harbor and a marketplace intact, you'll have a LOT less trouble with civil disorder after you take it - especially if it was a smaller city to begin with.

2) If you capture the harbor, any new resources or luxuries you capture through the course of the war will be "linked" to the rest of your empire. This can be critical if you've just liberated some aluminum you need to build the spaceship...

3) A carrier full of bombers represents 580 shields, 20 shields less than 6 marines. Six marines will likely do more damage to the enemy UNITS than four bombers. If you use this strategy, your marines will suffer casualties. This seems to be the nature of Marines, deal with it. If the city appears big and well defended, use a second transport of Marines.

=====

Notes on my warfighting style:

I prefer fast units, and a blitzing offensive style. In ancient times I prefer horsement to swordsmen.

I rarely pillage or bombard. I prefer to capture cities and territory intact, and I'd rather keep coming at the enemy with horsemen or cav that will live to fight another day than continue to feed slow units to a meatgrinder.

I like short, decisive wars. My personal record (on a pangea map) is 13 cities in a single turn, and the remaining 3 cities the next. I did this with a combination of Modern Armor, Mech Infantry, and Cavalry, using ancient age units to police up AI workers along freshly liberated railroads.

My invasion always comes in two parts.

First, I build approximately 8 - 10 carriers with a Battleship or two to guard it. Divide the carriers into groups of two and position them all along the coast of your enemy. One of those two is filled with bombers, the other, 1 bomber and 3 fighters. Then, declare war and sever all (rail)roads that you can reach. Obviously, cut off resources too. Meanwhile, prepare approx. 4 transports (with some destroyers/submarines as guards). Fill 3 with MA's and one with all artillery. By the time you arrive, stage two is read to begin.

Land along any coastal city and begin pounding the defenses with artillery (2-3 turns of 8 artillery should be more than enough). Make sure your bombers and battleships are keeping reinforcements from hampering your noble work. Then, move in. Keep one city and rush an airport. Once you have the airport, the battle is won. Ferry in some MI's for defense and watch as your enemy is obliterated.

Simply, this strategy is just build a lot of troops and unleash hell, but hey, it works! :)

I never land these massive forces. I go for a much simpler technique, where you really only need 3-4 transports, with escorts, running back and forth. The first landing is about 25 mech inf with about 5 workers. Landing directly onto a hill or mountain, they build immediatly a fortress. The AI wastes *huge* numbers of units throwing everything he has at this stack. 10 MIs are separated from the stack and divided into 2 stacks of 5 each. These move (do not pass go, do not collect $200) directly for any rubber resources the enemy might have. IMHO it is the most important resource to deny the enemy. When they get there, they pillage the square and then fortify.
Meanwhile the fortress is built. The transport arrive with around 20 modern armour and 12 artillery, ready to strike at the enemy's cities. They advance towards rubber resources. I usually raze his cities because I don't like culture flips and corruption is too high that far from my heartland, and I find that I tend to exceed the optimal number of cities quickly thereby reducing production out of my industrialized areas considerably. So I just devastate the area.
Wounded units retreat to the fortress for repair; the workers ensure that there are rails which extend to the enemy's borders. Once the fortress area is fairly secure, only 2 MIs remain, to protect healing units. The rest accompany MAs to guard them on the field against counterattacks. Meanwhile the transports continue to ferrry loads of MAs across. In vanilla civ, I will bring a pair of carriers along; in PTW, after the fortress area is secure, captured workers will be used to build a field of airbases, protected by the numerous MIs I have brought.

This strategy is long-term, and focuses less on destroying an enemy civ completely than simply reducing it and robbing it of key resources. The war ends when I decide they cannot recover. Typically I'll build one city over the rubber and guard it heavily, to deny it to the enemy.

Top Bottom