Better AI mod for Civ V?

IronCrown

Black Foe of the World
I bought Civ V at release and desperately tried to like it for some weeks, but eventually had to admit that it is (or was) a horrible game. The reasons are its tedious, crawling pace and lack of interaction and, most importantly, the outrageously terrible AI. I went back to occasionally playing the fantastic but worn-out Civ IV with BtS and Better AI mod installed.

Now, a year after I last tried Civ V, I'd like to give it another try and I was sure I'd find some kind of Better AI mod for the game after all the time. But I didn't. Did I miss it or did in fact nobody create one? :(

It's impossible to create without access to the DLL at the moment. Sorry.

Never mind. One hour of trying to play this thing was enough to teach me that it isn't worth it. I didn't even get to judge the 'new' AI because the game is so ugly and slow and now crashes when loading leader screens (it didn't do that at least when I last played it).

Played Civ IV instead and had fun.

...without access to the DLL at the moment. Sorry.

:eek: Is this true? Firaxis never released the Civ5 SDK? I'm a Civ4 modder, so pardon my ignorance; I just read this and was shocked. Any idea when they might release it?

Top Bottom