1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. RebelScum88

RebelScum88 Chieftain

Hey, I'm sorry if this was answered here or somewhere else, but I've been having a problem with the mod. The interface fails to load when I start games. There is some text at the top that says: "BugInit - Cannot find XML file for mod init". I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and the same thing happens. Please help!

EDIT: Looks like it was some weird redundant overlap of old files, sorry to bother you

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. gnome

gnome Chieftain

Running into a problem using it with the GOG Galaxy installer. I used the zip version and installed into the Mods folder in "My Documents". Everything seems to launch fine, but when I first begin a game I receive the error

Directory from CvAltRoot.py is not valid or does not contain CivilizationIV.ini

It looks like the mod is still running and the game can play, but naturally the error worries me.

I have found two CvAltRoot.py files in the mod, located in these two directories:

D:\tjare\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Better BAT AI\Info
    D:\tjare\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Better BAT AI\Assets\Python

Inside both files I have tried modifying the directory line so that it finds CivilizationIV.ini

rootDir = "D:/tjare/Documents/My Games/Beyond the Sword"

That directory most definitely does contain CivilizationIV.ini, so I'm wondering what's wrong.

3. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

IIRC, I think that particular file needs to be moved to the programs dir of Civ, and then once moved over, the MyGames file needs to be deleted. Hopefully, Lemon or another can verify what I posted, but I'm fairly certain that's how I got mine to run. Although, as a point of declaration, I have the complete version from disc, not the GOG version.

4. gnome

gnome Chieftain

That worked, thanks.

5. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

Oh good. No worries :D

6. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Chieftain

I downloaded the source code and found that it contains CvGameCoreDLL.sdf. This file is autogenerated and useless for people to download as the compiler will overwrite it anyway. The problem is the size. It's a 53.9 MB file and all the other files use 12.3 MB combined. While the internet speed is quite decent these days, it's still wasteful. The question is if it matters enough to bother re-releasing the source. It's more like a reminder for the next release.

7. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

Oh, thank you. I've been planning a new release soon. I'll be sure to leave this out this time. Thanks for the head's up. :)