Better BAT AI

I believe I found the problem. In the CIV4GameOptionsInfos is a new entry, the 25th:
Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_RISING_SEAS</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_RISING_SEAS</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_RISING_SEAS_HELP</Help>
			<bDefault>0</bDefault>
			<bVisible>1</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

It´s in there twice, so as option 25 and 26. The dll only expects 24 options.

Every time I try to start a game, I get spammed by "failed writing INI file" messages. Any idea what the problem is?

Every time I try to start a game, I get spammed by "failed writing INI file" messages. Any idea what the problem is?

No eye-deer at all. But: Hell what a kind of first post! Welcome to the forum - the home and birthplace of procrastination! :)

I believe I found the problem. In the CIV4GameOptionsInfos is a new entry, the 25th:
Code:
		<GameOptionInfo>
			<Type>GAMEOPTION_RISING_SEAS</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_RISING_SEAS</Description>
			<Help>TXT_KEY_GAME_OPTION_RISING_SEAS_HELP</Help>
			<bDefault>0</bDefault>
			<bVisible>1</bVisible>
		</GameOptionInfo>

It´s in there twice, so as option 25 and 26. The dll only expects 24 options.
That's from BUG. I'll have to check to see if it shows up in the start screen. Thanks.

Try running the game as Administrator if you're using Win 7 or Vista.

Hi!
I would ask here the same question I've asked in the K-mod thread (sorry because I really don't have any idea of what is behind the scene thus I might ask a stupid question).
Does this great mod include the 3.19 unofficial patch?
If not : may they work together?

Thanks in advance

Hi!
I would ask here the same question I've asked in the K-mod thread (sorry because I really don't have any idea of what is behind the scene thus I might ask a stupid question).
Does this great mod include the 3.19 unofficial patch?
If not : may they work together?

Thanks in advance

Apparently you did not bother to read the post immediately prior to yours.

Oups.... :(
I didn't take the time to read this thread again before posting.
It was the end of my working day, I was late, my dog was hungry, my daughter was ill...
Hum...
Well I've no excuse. :blush:
In the future I will read the threads twice before posting irrelevant question like my last one.
Sorry

It was the end of my working day, I was late, my dog was hungry, my daughter was ill...

I think you forgot this part:
"I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"

But maybe that in only applicable to women left at the altar.

Hoping for some help from the best and brightest---
I would like to add the ability to generate larger maps (i.e. above Huge) within this great mod. I have been looking through the forums for a few hours without success so I thought I would break down and ask for help.

Is it possible to generate larger maps by plugging a mod within Better BAT AI? If so, I sure could use some help. I probably should mention that my computer skills are, to put it charitably, pretty awful, so maybe this should be obvious to me (either yes or no). Thanks in advance for any help the group can provide.

Hoping for some help from the best and brightest---
I would like to add the ability to generate larger maps (i.e. above Huge) within this great mod. I have been looking through the forums for a few hours without success so I thought I would break down and ask for help.

Is it possible to generate larger maps by plugging a mod within Better BAT AI? If so, I sure could use some help. I probably should mention that my computer skills are, to put it charitably, pretty awful, so maybe this should be obvious to me (either yes or no). Thanks in advance for any help the group can provide.
I dont think you can add other mods to Better BAT AI you gotta merge them in. have you tried some of the map scripts around here. Maybe those will work.

I dont think you can add other mods to Better BAT AI you gotta merge them in. have you tried some of the map scripts around here. Maybe those will work.

Thanks Gurn--I poked around the map scripts and found Planet Generator 0.68 was already loaded in Civ 4 BtS (either with the final patch--likely--or maybe as a part of the Better BAT AI mod). Anyway, it plays very well with Better BAT AI and allows many types of larger maps and much customization. Thanks again for your response--it got me headed in the right direction.

Just to clarify, you do have to merge things in because BBATAI has its' own DLL.

I apologize for "necromancing" this thread but I've just recently installed BAT 3.0.1 and now I'm finding out that there is something like this "Better BAT AI". Does anybody know if my recent installation of BAT 3.0.1 already include the Better BAT AI mode? If not, can I just simply add it?

I apologize for "necromancing" this thread but I've just recently installed BAT 3.0.1 and now I'm finding out that there is something like this "Better BAT AI". Does anybody know if my recent installation of BAT 3.0.1 already include the Better BAT AI mode? If not, can I just simply add it?

There's no problem doing a necro on a modding thread.

BBATAI is a separate mod all on it's own. You don't need BAT to use it, and it is not part of BAT 3.0.1. Just install BBATAI and play. :)

Hi,

it´s me again. I´ve tested the Mod I´ve made based on Better BAT AI now in a Pitboss game with teams and unfortunatly some errors occur. All these errors are in python-files I didn´t change which came with Better BAT AI.

I´ve opened a new thread but unfortunatly so far no one has answered. It would be very kind if you or someone else could have a look:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12197539#post12197539

Thank you very much for your help.

I looked at your post, and the majority of the files that have errors are BUG Mod related. I changed none of the BUG python files when I made BBATAI.

The problem that you might be having is that BAT itself (and by extension, BBATAI) does not work reliably on multiplayer. So much so, that we don't support it. My guess is that you've run into the multiplayer bug that EF was never able to fix.

My suggestion is to post the problem in the BUG forum, where ruff_hi can see it. Maybe he'll have an idea, since he wrote some of the code.

I just wanted to say thank you to the Lemon Merchant and to all the creators of the mods Better BAT AI includes.
I just finished an extremely entertaining game, and I felt like saying thank you for taking the best game I know of and making it better.
:goodjob:

I just wanted to say thank you to the Lemon Merchant and to all the creators of the mods Better BAT AI includes.
I just finished an extremely entertaining game, and I felt like saying thank you for taking the best game I know of and making it better.
:goodjob:

I think that you just made my day. Thank you. :D

Top Bottom