1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Better BUG AI vK

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Kjotleik, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

WORK IN PROGRESS
    Better BUG AI vK

Downloads from MediaFire:
    Download Better BUG AI vK - 1st Test Release
    Better BUG AI vK - 2nd Test Release (NEW)

This is a work-in-progress, untested.
    If you choose to help me with finding errors, I'd appreciate this very much.

I am trying to add as many civilizations and leaders that I possibly can. Sometimes it is quick. Sometimes it is slow. Depending on whether the civ in question is made for 3.19, Warlords or Vanilla.

There are still a few non-animated leaderheads in the mod. I try to update them to animated whenever I find a suitable LH. Also, there may (or may not) be LHs that are exactly the same (if two modders used the same graphics for two different leaders).

Extract this into your [Beyond the Sword/Mods] folder, and use Load a Mod when in-game.

All feedback is welcome. I have not yet begun considering how unbalanced it is with civilizations having multiple UBs and UUs. I have just added whatever I can find in mods out there. Feel free to tell me of your experiences. No matter if they are good or bad. Don't be afraid of critizising what you find flawed/unbalanced. I won't bite, even if I disagree with you. But I may mention it, of course.

City-lists are a mess, right now. Rest assured, they will all be made into TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_XXX strings in the end. But that is a lower priority than adding new civs and leaders. However, if you do find errors - like two instances of the same city, but with different spellings - please let me know. Also, if you find a city-name that looks like gibberish in-game - tell me what civ you play and how it looks in-game.

Current status:
    Second Test Release:
    Added Civs - 116
    Added Leaders - 250

First Test Release:
    Added Civs - 59
    Added Leaders - 161

Among the best known sources I've included materials from are:
    Civ Gold 5.2
    cybrxkhan
    dacubz145
    Dumanios
    Esnaz's Mod
    Kochman
    veBear
    Zeta Nexus

and more...

See [Credits/BBAIvK_AddedCivsAndLeaders.ods] and the individual .txt files
    for full credits.

Happy empire building to you all!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  2. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

First post updated with 2nd Test Release.

Spoiler Shamelessly Advertising :

Ever wanted to play with Banner Infantry, but couldn't afford the EU IV DLC?
    Don't despair. Get the "Better BUG AI vK" mod for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Beyond the Sword 3.19. If you play as one of the Manchurian leaders, you get to train a Banner Infantry.

Ever wanted to wreck havoc among the American civilizations of old, but are tired of playing the Aztecs or Mayans? Don't despair. Get the "Better BUG AI vK" mod for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Beyond the Sword 3.19. You can play as the Toltec, Olmec, Taino, Inuit, Dene or the Arawak.

Ever wanted to dominate Africa as Luba or Kanem-Bornu? Pay for EU IV, you say? Nope. Not necessary. Get the "Better BUG AI vK" mod for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Beyond the Sword 3.19. You can play as Luba, Kanem-Bornu, Ashanti, Benin, Dahomey, Hausa, Kitara, Kongo, Maasai, Maghreb, Mamluks, Mutapa, Songhai, Swahili and a few more I haven't mentioned here. Take your pick.

Europe? No longer will EU IV dominate Europe. Get the "Better BUG AI vK" mod for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Beyond the Sword 3.19. You can find that world domination can be yours playing as Prussia, Venice, Florence, Sardinia, Sicily, Langobards, the Vandals, Goths, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Serbia, Romania, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Brittany, Bohemia, Bavaria, Austria, Armenia... and a few I forgot to mention.

Tired of England? Don't sweat. Get the "Better BUG AI vK" mod for Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Beyond the Sword 3.19, and play as Scotland, Wales, Ireland and the British Empire as well. And if you play your cards right, the Anglo-Saxons will not fade into the obscurity of the history books... THIS time.

Do you miss winning the World Cup, you say? No problem. You can play as Brazil as well. Their unique building "Estadio de Futebol" will surely make your people happy as they stand as world champions once more... unless you thwart their plans by playing as Argentina instead...

Currently there are a total of 116 added civilizations and 250 added leaders.
    Known issues: Some leaders have the same graphics. And some have static leaderheads. City-lists are a mess. Not made the TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME strings yet.

3. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Deity

Looks promising...

EDIT:
    You may want to take a look at MegaPack in my signature. It adds 100+ civs to AND2 / CoM with at least 2 leaders for each. I had a lot of work with it to have (at least slightly) different LH for all civs.

Kjotleik likes this.
  4. Kjotleik

Kjotleik Kjotleik

Thanks, Zeta. I've included a few (six, to be exact) of your LH's from AND MegaPack already. I see I haven't updated the "Among the best known sources" list between first and second version in my original post. I'll do that now.

I plan to take a more thorough look and use a few (many?) LH's from your pack. But I've concentrated on the easiest first. Civ Gold leaders can be used with only adding the victory condition weights (a Better BUG AI thing). Taking leaders from your MegaPack means removing the extra Era (Transhuman) from the leaders. A little bit more work. But I'll get around to it. Eventually.