Better World Rankings (UI)

Better World Rankings (UI) 1.3

Infixo

Deity
Infixo submitted a new resource:

Better World Rankings (UI) - More information in the World Rankings screen.

More information in the World Rankings screen.

Works with the base game, Rise & Fall, Gathering Storm, CQUI.
Not compatible with: scenarios (they usually modify this screen), multiplayer (see the note below).
Supported languages: English.
GitHub

Description
This mod enhances the World...

Read more about this resource...

Well.. ya know what.
I was missing my cool custom Header Buttons + Tooltips (with reserved logic plans) sooooo much that i simply went into your XML (for GS/XP2 only) file and hacked around some areas to re-activate some stuff. :scan:

The basic idea being that **IF** i ever decide to deprecate the oldish GSco_R_ow (certainly somewhat obsolete now) mod of mine.. i'll be ready to expand that project of yours beyond what i had planned for back in the days. You'll be most welcomed to contribute to such enhancements, of course!

Inserting the edited XML if you'd be curious.
Look at this new BWR-Score panel with custom coloring of fancy values.. just for fun!

BWR--Sequence_STIL(s).png

:smoke:

Attachments

• MY(BWR)_WorldRankings-XML.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 49
I would have a smallish coding question for you.. please.

In GSco_R_ow ... i could prevent the Advisors top section from being open on startup & instead, swapped the toggling process (via tiny white Arrow) cycle to check such (already known) ruleset facts only when "required".

The code to do that operates from this function (( Line #467.. of default WorldRanking.lua )) pulled off directly from the Base/UI/PartialScreens folder;
==========================================
function ChangeActiveHeader(headerType:string, headerIM:table, parentControl:table)
g_activeheader = m_HeaderInstances[headerType];
if(g_activeheader == nil) then
g_activeheader = headerIM:GetInstance(parentControl);
m_HeaderInstances[headerType] = g_activeheader;
OnContractHeader(0, 0, g_activeheader.ContractHeaderButton);
end
end
==========================================
Adding that Red instruction line .. is what executes the swap method.

Soooooo.. i'm trying to re-instante that trick directly into your current files (which one exactly and how?) structure.
BUT.. it seems the logic is different while you get through BWR linkers. At least what i attempted -- just failed.

Could you help me with this -- where exactly should this newly edited function be inserted?
Unless you'd have a better suggestion to reproduce such a custom process.

PS; Newly re-aligned and calibrated Header & personalized the Font-Icons, btw!

BWR--Sequence_STIL(s)_Re-aligned.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom