Bindy's Road to EQM -- Round 4

Well, I finally finished, 1900 A.D.

My first Mapfinder run, I threw in a bunch of protective opponents, and there always seemed to be one of them between me and six cities.

So I reran with more pliable opponents, and of course, ended up with a game where I was able to REX six cities. If it weren't for the fact that I sent some Privateers to harass Monty, there would have been 0 losses/kills for the entire game. (And the privateers thing was a failure, because Bismarck kept bringing his Frigates in to defend on behalf of Monty!)

Here's the starting city:

Cottages, mines, food and gold; a good all around city. Ultimately it was a little too good, as I ended up with 72k culture there waiting for the others to catch up.

I had Cyrus, Lincoln, and Sury on my continent, and Bismarck, Monty and Joao on the other. I didn't realize until very late in the game that Joao was in the game; I must have accidently left the last slot as random. :eek:

I got two culture events; the first wasn't that useful, but the second one shaved about 6 turns off my finish.

Here we are heading into the last turn, after firing off my nine Great Artists:

This was my first HOF submission. I am going to try for Emperor level EQM. I picked peaceful opponents (Hatty, Cyrus, Gandhi, Wang) and a start with Gold. The only religion I founded was Confucianism, but 3 others spread fairly quickly to my lands. I went with 6 cities with one Hatty city eventually flipping.

I had Marble nearby that helped for building wonders. I build the Oracle (Confucianism), Pyramids (for Representation then US), Parthenon, the GL (probably a mistake, but I did get to beaker Education to get Liberalism quickly), Mausoleum of Mauselos, Taj Mahal (using Nationalism from Liberalism), and the Sistine Chapel.

I was a little sloppy with Great People, getting 10 Artists, 1 Prophet (merged), 3 Scientists (2 golden ages and most of Education), and an Engineer (golden age). The last artist only saved 2 turns.

The only wars were Hatty vs Cyrus twice. I declined participation on either side. At the end it started to get dicey with Cyrus getting close to an Apostolic victory.

1812 Victory for 22363. I played the game in one session for 3:09. A great way to start a Saturday.

Attachments

• HOF 1 AD-1812.CivBeyondSwordSave
    243 KB · Views: 28
My first Bindy game - a sucky result of 1917AD. Pretty straight forward, random AIs and 2 AIs that were liberated. One funny thing - Lizzie asked me to cut trade links with the Frence - and she had liberated them AND they were her vassal. That is a bug.

Top Bottom