[BTS] Dimatud's WORLD MAP 1000AD Deity Challenge (Youtube series)

I thought fishing connects cities if culture borders are connected by water?
Spoiler :
I would settle the capital on the coast between the two corns. The second settler on the stone. Chop out the Great Wall in the capital. 1080AD TGW no problem. Much lower risk.

Other questions
Spoiler :
Currency is understandable but markets??? Also why can't we just go optics and meet other civs to reduce research cost?
Spoiler :

For the capitol, between the corns we miss the deer, silver and the 3rd corn up top, indeed it would be on the coast for the extra commerce immediately, but I feel having an extraordinary city for production will be useful for the entire game (early game for quick settlers and later for big projects - we really lack production because I went full cottage mode in this one, so I needed a city that can work all those plain hills)
Markets because it works well with Rexing. Maybe I built too many, but for a lot of time our slider will be at 0% so they are actually even more useful than libraries (the only problem I see is the huge cost in hammers, but since we whip everything I think they will be worth it in the long run)
Research cost is not a problem since I don't really want to tech in this game.

About your current game
Spoiler :

Why did you attempt first to liberalism? In my games it always goes sooner than that. I believe in taking risks but the chance of success feels too small? Or is it my own selective memory? Or... you don't mind someone else taking it first because you can trade it around anyway?

Hi everybody, next game is Asoka (Culture Victory attempt - No Culture slider allowed)

Also, I've been editing the video a bit to avoid too much footage with just waiting around or moving workers. Hopefully it will improve the experience!

About your current game
Spoiler :

Why did you attempt first to liberalism? In my games it always goes sooner than that. I believe in taking risks but the chance of success feels too small? Or is it my own selective memory? Or... you don't mind someone else taking it first because you can trade it around anyway?
In my experience it goes around T30 to T40 if you are careful with the trades ( but it really depends on how much trading is going on - China "usually" goes for the cheaper techs first and only after that tries for lib. )
So basically if you trade education to the europeans or trade a lot of older techs to china/korea in the first 15 turns of the game it might go a lot sooner than T40.

After this series, there are other worldmaps on Civ4, worldmaps on other Civ games, world maps on other turn-based 4X games. Your channel can continue for years.

Last edited:
Questions about the Viking (Norse) game.

Spoiler :

Happy to see serious nuclear warfare. I am not sure if The Great Lighthouse is correct.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

Do not waste time with Dublin. Turn around and attack Russia immediately.
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

We can still go granadiers on the Western Europeans afterwards.

Questions about the Viking (Norse) game.

Spoiler :

Happy to see serious nuclear warfare. I am not sure if The Great Lighthouse is correct.
View attachment 667685

Do not waste time with Dublin. Turn around and attack Russia immediately.
View attachment 667686

We can still go granadiers on the Western Europeans afterwards.
GL just for flavor with the england/ireland/iceland territory makes it pretty good but probably not a priority, def. made some questionable decisions in the game (not begging when I should've was one that really screwed me)

Hi everybody! Next challenge is a 3 city culture attempt with Korea :) Let's see how it goes

How strict is your definition of three city challenge? Never exceed three cities during any point of the game? Or never end a turn with more than three cities?

How strict is your definition of three city challenge? Never exceed three cities during any point of the game? Or never end a turn with more than three cities?
It's as strict as it can be, no 4th city allowed, not even if I flip one from my neighbors (I will deny/auto-raze it)
This basically means no religious buildings on huge maps (as you need 4 temples)

Not sure why it doesn't show on the thread for me but got the questions through my e-mail about gifting cities for corps: it's a great idea, also someone else commented on settling near russia/china to liberate for relations which is also great.
Now it depends on the player how he wants to approach the game since a 3 city-challenge is not really a game rule but more like a personal way to play the game.

I personally was inspired by OCC because I always thought it's kind of dumb that you can't win culture in OCC (could be a mechanic where you need 150,000 culture in one city or something). So in conclusion I didn't use settlers (except for the 3rd city ofc) in my strat because this was inspired by the OCC mechanics. It made my game a lot harder honestly and that is a bad thing for me but a good thing for youtube so we all win :))

Last edited:
Exciting game. For your next game, I would
Spoiler :

Chop out Great Wall in Hanoi. Take Lhasa. Gift Lhasa to Chinese. Steal all the techs. Buy iron and horse. Destroy India. Turn around and attack the Chinese.

How do you "rush" to communism? Eight great scientists?

Exciting game. For your next game, I would
Spoiler :

Chop out Great Wall in Hanoi. Take Lhasa. Gift Lhasa to Chinese. Steal all the techs. Buy iron and horse. Destroy India. Turn around and attack the Chinese.

How do you "rush" to communism? Eight great scientists?

Spoiler :

Not sure exactly how the Sury game will go, maybe I will go for Great Wall if I decide to play w/o tech trading (considering the start it would be just for the Great Spy since there's really no barb danger nearby)
No rush really :lol:, more like a bee-line to communism to unlock state property.

You like the more direct approach. Fine.
Spoiler :

I trust that you know how the catapults are supposed to be used.
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

I cannot figure out a way to take Hanoi and achieve my other objectives with "campaign guide" odds.

Top Bottom