[BTS] BOTM 216: Bismarck, Noble - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

DynamicSpirit

Fear him of the pink tie
GOTM Staff
BOTM 216: Bismarck, Noble - Final Spoiler - Game Submitted

Use this thread to tell us what happened in your game, particularly anything after 1AD

Did you win?

Reading Requirements
If you are participating in BOTM 216 then you MUST NOT read this thread unless
  • You have submitted your entry

Posting Restrictions
  • Do not post any savegame file from the game. Discussions and screenshots are fine but not actual games.

The game was peaceful until I attacked Isabella in 600. Then Napoleon declared on MM and Pacal declared on Napoleon. I captured Madrid and Barcelona, and Isabella capitulated in 940.

While the other AI made peace, and MM peace-vassaled to Washington, I research Military Trad for cuiraissiers by 1320 and attacked Brennus in 1330. He bent the knee in 1480, after losing five cities.

I decided to immediately take on Washington and his vassal. Pacal declared war on me, but then Napoleon declared on Pacal. MM renounced Washington' protection and became my vassal in 1550. Washington would capitulate in 1605.

Although still at was with Pacal, my army was closer to Napoleon, so I declared on him, too. He would capitulate in 1635, and Pacal would follow in 1645, giving me a 1650 Conquest Victory.

Challenger save.
Almost from the start I was in a permanent war with Izzy, but she continued giving me workers, so I wasn't in a hurry to finish her off.
With a construction attack "light", I took all her 4 cities. Especially Madrid & Barcelona were really good spots.
Due to the big map, I was not really keen on a DOM / Conquest victory. So I chose Culture because I had already Parthenon and 2-3 religions. So I also built Sistine and continued to conquer "a bit" for more space.
My strategy: Going into wars from time to time, conquer or raze cities for the gold, also smash improvements. By doing so, I could stay on 80% culture most of the time. In the end even at 90%.
Washington was the only risk, he had vassalled Mansa. Nappy and Pacal dowed each other again and again.
50-60 turns from the end, Washington + Mansa + Brennus dowed me at the same turn. But I could defend with Rifles. Everyone hated me so much, because I had chosen my own religion very soon and also bribed people.... Good thing that I still had a strong army!
Not sure if that strategy works gold-wise: Because you pay 60-80 gold each turn for military, especially if in Pacifism most of the time. You cannot conquer so much gold.
Anyhow, culture victory at 1848.

Well thats one more game I rq from
Very far ahead in tech, libbed rifling t185, the turn after I dow brennus ap vote gets called to stop all wars that I'm in and of course it succeeds. Wait another 10 turns to attack brennus and he's been building units this whole time, dow again and my stack gets demolished by 24 trebuchets. Yet another game pointlessly ruined by ap

Yet another game pointlessly ruined by ap

I feel your pain. I hate the AP with a passion--haven't lost a game because of it in awhile, but it's always a worry. Luckily, I think the only time a vote came up (involving me) in this game, it was for a victory vote, with me (recently captured the AP) vs Brennus (resident), and it wasn't enough for either.

Immortal save--I didn't post in the 1 AD thread, but I settled in place, and left everybody alone until late. I started by attacking Isabella, maybe 1300? She vassaled and I ditected her to research Education while I saved up gold to get to Liberalism before Mansa, who had both prereqs. I diverted some money toward EPs and saw Mansa was busy with Nationalism, so I finished Chem before Liberalizing Steel, then got MilTrad a few turns later. That's when I cried "Havoc!"and let slip the cuirs and cannon of war, first on Pacal, then Brennus (who thoughtfully DoW'd me just as I'd nearly reassembled my forces from the Mayan front to take on Washington). He was the toughest nut, requiring 5 or so cities to fall before capitulating. Then, in increasingly quick succession, Mansa (after a couple), Washington (one, I think), and finally Nappy, the most backward, after one city. I was hoping for Conquest but it came up Dom, in 1695. Didn't think I'd have time to finish this one--took a long time to get my civ up and running well.

Top Bottom