1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Brave New World+

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by XboxAddict77, Jul 15, 2013.

1. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Hey Xbox, when you release your mod, is it okay if I use it as a template? I'm too lazy to go through all the files. Plus, I also have like 6 mods in hiatus :lol:

2. XboxAddict77

XboxAddict77 Wonder Spammer

Template for what, great works? I have a tutorial on that in the tutorial section. I encourage you to learn xml as its pretty easy, exploring the files at first can be a pain but I find it gives more satisfaction after you've coded everything by yourself, but I can't really stop you as I myself too made my first attempt at a mod by reverse-engineering another mod. lol its probably not a good idea to use my files even thoguh i can't stop you as My flies aren't organized welll so they may be little use to you anyway, but I'm glad to help you with any issues you come across. just pm me or use this thread./ start a new one in the C&C& threads.

3. otaman1

otaman1 Prince

Eh, nevermind about that then

4. XboxAddict77

Thats ok I learned to mod by looking at another mod I don't care if you look all steam mods are kind of open source any way since you can open the files with notepad/notepad++.

Also I finished coding the 4 new reolutions and I'm currently deciding on which option to choose on balancing the diplo victory. Expect the WC changes to be done either tomorrow or the next day.

5. mr.manager1225

mr.manager1225 Chieftain

I'd love to join the team as the World Congress resolution-adder!

6. XboxAddict77

lol I don't know lua so I'm only adding it through xml so that severely subtracts from the # of resolutions I can make that are unique. I did run into a glitch, on my new resolution the AI has no opinion whatsoever so If I propose my "dept collection" resolution on them they should get mad sooooo... I'm off to the drawing board!

7. ajok

ajok Warlord

chocolate and tobacco....

8. aschulak

aschulak Chieftain

9. XboxAddict77

Due to the fall patch coming soon the mod will resume production after the patch.

10. VainoValkea

VainoValkea Emperor

Suggestions for quotes on Kurt Vonnegut's Slaughterhouse-Five:

...and George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

11. XboxAddict77

I have quotes for both of those already thanks for the suggestion! Can't remember the one for slaughterhouse but the one for 1984 was the one like it being a warm, cloudy day in April than the clocks were striking 13. lol

12. Peacemongerer

Peacemongerer Prince

Buildings:
    Steel Mill: 2 maintenance, requires 2 iron and a source of fresh water. +6 production and +2 Great Engineer points. Lakes and tiles with access to fresh water in this city lose 1 food due to pollution. Requires Replaceable Parts. Food penalty removed at Ecology.
    Trade Depot: +2 gold from incoming trade routes and +1 for outgoing trade routes. Luxury resources worked by this city produce +1 gold. Requires Economics.

WC:
    Conservation Initiatives
    +3 science from unimproved jungle and forest tiles. Lumber Mills lose -1 production. Unlocked at Ecology.
    Free Trade Agreements:
    +2 base gold for trade route owners. If the recipient city's GPT is less than the city of origin, +3 gold for the recipient; if even or above, then -2 gold. Mutually exclusive with protective tariffs (passing this automatically repeals it). Unlocked at Economics.
    Protective Tariffs:
    +2 gold for cities receiving trade routes, -3 for senders. Mutually exclusive with free trade agreements (passing this automatically repeals it). Unlocked at Economics.
    Sanctions:
    Select a civ (must already be under embargo). This civ's influence with CS's drops by 20 instantaneously. Requires 2/3 majority to pass. Unlocked when WC becomes the UN.

13. VainoValkea

VainoValkea Emperor

No problem, but you might want to consider switching - the two plus two line is one of the most iconic quotes in the book and summarizes the work's idea very well. It's also the only meaningful one I can remember from the top of my head!

14. GutFeeling

GutFeeling Chieftain

I like the idea of adding GWs (I'm working on a mod that adds 30 GWOA and 30 GWOL with the theme being all works are from the 20th century, I'm almost finished) but I notice that several of your Great Artists are already in the game. Arcimboldo, Van Gogh, and Rembrandt immediately jump out at me. Though I agree that I prefer Summer by Arcimboldo to Vertumnus, which is what Firaxis chose.

Also the Vonnegut quote I'm using for my mod is: "All time is all time. It does not change. It does not lend itself to warnings or explanations. It simply is."

The quote I would have used for 1984 (I chose Animal Farm instead, it's friendlier for appearing in any era of human history) was the one about the future being a boot stamping on a human face forever.

Unrelated, but there are two things I badly wish were possible: For sound for GWOM to be possible to add, and for GWs to be able to be limited to appearing in only certain eras. That way I could add a bunch of rock music once the Great Musician changes his appearance to a rock 'n' roll band, among other things.

15. Qoma

Qoma Warlord

XboxAddict77, check your inbox if you haven't already! :)

16. XboxAddict77

Hello civfanatics! Life for me has been very hectic lately with High School and for that reason I have decided to do 4 things.
    1. I'm only doing the Wonders/buildings and GW's. I just don't feel like doing the others; unless after the fall patch I might make another change or two to some current civs.
    2. I will release 2 versions of the mod one will contain both Wonders/buildings and GW's and the other will contain the buildings so others for compatibility reasons can still use other GW mods.
    3. I will be renaming the mod to " Xboxaddict's BNW GW's and Buildings"
    4. I will release the GW's next week I think and After the Fall patch, probably later I'll do the Buildings/Wonders.
    Sorry its taken so long! Remember I'll still add/remove great works to add more variety/make the mod compatible with other GW mods to make it a "must-have"!
    Thank You for your patience.
    ** Ive decided to make my buildings/wonders first before releasing the mod for balancing purposes plus I need pictures of the game for steam workshop.**