Bridges, Channels & On-Land cliffs

brunotheman

Chieftain
I would like to create some mods but realised I'm probably not good enough. So throwing my ideas out here.

A district that is a channel, would work for both land and naval units.

A district that is a bridge, would work for both land and naval units.

A terrain feature that is like the cliffs we have on the coast, but instead only between land terrain where one of the tiles is a hill

I could probably help out some with graphics but the code is showing to be tricky

I like the first one, the ability to build a Suez/Panama-style canal that you could allow other civs to use for a price would be cool.

I like the idea of #3 because that would allow maps to have plateaus, which would make land-heavy maps more interesting. Currently not possible, but perhaps in a future expansion....

I like the idea of #3 because that would allow maps to have plateaus, which would make land-heavy maps more interesting. Currently not possible, but perhaps in a future expansion....

You could do plateaus now but they would have to be Features. Features can be multi-tile (the multi-tile Natural Wonders are a special case) and alter the base terrain Heightmap.

You could do plateaus now but they would have to be Features. Features can be multi-tile (the multi-tile Natural Wonders are a special case) and alter the base terrain Heightmap.
That would be an interesting use of features. Perhaps only certain units with enough promotions would be able to pass through them, and standing on the edge of one would give the unit extra visibility over lower terrain. I guess they'd be more like mesas then.

Top Bottom